• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoddesswatcher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Theres nothing wrong with Funi's streaming site for FMA Brotherhood. I get really good quality when I see it in my neck of the woods. So to me most of you guys who are whining about the quality of a show are just to picky of that sort of thing. You better be glad that Funi is doing this then not at all.
I would rather see the show through them then some bittorrent crap anyday.
angieness

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
So yeah, for the person who I guess is fluent in Japanese, could you please translate a few lines directly from FMA and explain where Funimation got it wrong? You're not allowed to use fansubs as reference, it must be your translation. It would help to type out the actual Japanese so we can see what you're referring to. Only then will I believe that Funimation is inferior. I watched the fansubs as well as Funimation's version and both were extremely close so I don't see where Funi is apparently butchering the story or "not giving the proper meaning of the story".

You cannot say fansubs are slightly illegal, that's a load of bull. I guess sneaking into a movie theater and recording my own physical copy of a movie is perfectly fine. I can't buy the DVD and I don't like the company releasing the film therefore I have every right to steal it. Right? haha
jimmydorry

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Shale wrote:
jimmydorry wrote:

if only it was offered in my country ... and i live in a first world country at that also.

You've got a valid complaint about it being inaccessible in entire countries, of course, but either way, you were bitching about the video quality of something you haven't actually looked at.

true i haven't seen it, but with the youtube infamacy for scaling down videos, and the bad rap i got from friends about it ... i put 2 and 2 together.

Anime smile
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Stupid subtards, I never heard so much complaining over legal FREE anime. A few years ago, legal streaming anime was a pipe dream. I don't mind waiting, and fansubbers are not as accurate as people believe, they are just impatient bad otakus who can't appreciate all the time and work Funimation does with translating, Lets see a fansub worshiper try to hold a normal conversation with a Japanese person, let's see how far they get trying to speak Japanese.
otimus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
If anyone is honestly going to complain about the quality, and can use Hulu, then they're liars.

Hulu is DAMNED good quality.

Now, I can understand if you can't use Hulu in your country. But whatever. If you can use Hulu, unless you're archiving, there's no reason to pirate it. But if you're archiving it, you could at least watch it on Hulu as your first watching. Give em a lil' bit of money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3