• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Knight in the Area Episodes 1-25 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I know a few football players who did lose 10 pounds at one practice (the average is around 4 btw) however those guys are huge and have to gain it back by the next practice, otherwise they are not allowed to practice period. and he is losing what appears to be around 20 pounds, and gaining it back that is nuts.

Twenty pounds?

I think that is a lot more than twenty pounds. He must be losing - and then regaining - at least sixty pounds at a conservative estimate.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I know a few football players who did lose 10 pounds at one practice (the average is around 4 btw) however those guys are huge and have to gain it back by the next practice, otherwise they are not allowed to practice period. and he is losing what appears to be around 20 pounds, and gaining it back that is nuts.

Twenty pounds?

I think that is a lot more than twenty pounds. He must be losing - and then regaining - at least sixty pounds at a conservative estimate.

that weight drop was also NUTS but I was referring to the weight he would put back on and then lose for a game to later put back on.
also that weight drop happened over a month so atleast, I can say yes it is possible without killing oneself, but again that is pushing it to its limits so much that it nearly destroys ones suspension of disbelief totally
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

But he's not losing water weight, he's shedding fat. You don't shed that much fat in a few hours, that it takes elevating the metabolism over calorie intake over an extended period.

They are taking a player who struggles with their weight (which is something some famous creative midfielders have struggled with) and hyper-exaggerating it for comic effect.

Or else ~ my tongue in cheek theory ~ hyper-exaggerating it because they're off model so often and so noticeably that if they did it realistically, people would be asking, "is he fatter, or he is just off-model?"
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
I never watch this anime. this show is popular in other regions, but NA. wonder why.

I also read reviews from people who don't live in US for fair opinions.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-knight-in-the-area/reviews/helpful/page1

The reason why i don't take American's review serious on soccer or sports anime because they think captain tsubasa is horrible.

Then when i try to watch it, that anime much much better than alot of 90s anime. This is not just my opinion either. captain tsubasa is super popular every where, but USA.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
... The reason why i don't take American's review serious on soccer or sports anime because they think captain tsubasa is horrible.

Every single US anime fan thinks Captain Tsubasa is horrible? I think you are painting with too broad a brush there.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree with this review, but I think Carl should have also mentioned how tremendously annoying that Enoshima student who somehow works as an announcer in every game is. If I were a player for the opposing team and had to listen to that high-pitched drivel coming out of the speakers during the entire game, I'd kick the ball all the way to the announcer's stand, right into his face.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
... The reason why i don't take American's review serious on soccer or sports anime because they think captain tsubasa is horrible.

Every single US anime fan thinks Captain Tsubasa is horrible? I think you are painting with too broad a brush there.

most of them. I think you get the wrong idea. Why people said Japan like moe anime, they really think they mean every single Japanese like moe anime?
ANN reviewer also don't like captain Tsubasa. Zac made fun Captain Tsubasa in potcast before.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
agila61 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

most of them. I think you get the wrong idea. Why people said Japan like moe anime, they really think they mean every single Japanese like moe anime?
ANN reviewer also don't like captain Tsubasa. Zac made fun Captain Tsubasa in potcast before.

zac makes fun of everything during podcast one second he'll be cracking the media blasters is dead jokes and the next he'll be saying how they should be trusted to survive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2