• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Week's New Haruhi Episode Now Streaming on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:
Well I gotta say Bandai dropped the ball on this one.

THIS. Aren't the other companies paying attention to what Funimation is doing ... and how successful it is?

Come on, folks ...

Bandai was solely a distributor for the original episodes. KadoKawa USA was the company who licensed the original title. So hound down on them.
nightvenom

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Splitter wrote:
MRLN wrote:
You could also watch the less-than-legal sub, it's also on Youtube. Just search "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody sub". I love this part of the 9-volume story, so I can't wait for July and August when the "disappearance" arc happens.

I don't want to watch it legally, but after Kadokawa subbed Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san, it seems wrong that they'd only show Haruhi raw.

I assume you meant illegally. Wink And I agree, it would be great to have a 100% legal way of watching Haruhi. As of right now, if you really can't wait, I recommend a download-and-delete use of fansubs (i.e. don't keep them, just watch them once, then delete and don't distribute them). Hopefully someone will get on the ball with this in the future and have it subtitled online.

There is, and I don't know If I am allowed to post links though.

Pms I guess ?
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
It seems as though they are simply filling in the holes that they didn't have time to complete the first time through. This is a good idea in many respects. They can please all the fans that wanted to see the rest of the novels in animation format, and they can make a ton of money off the rabid fans by releasing the whole thing over again with the new episodes inserted in. Hey, I know I'd buy it again even if that were the case Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
I take it they aired Mysterique Sign today then?

Yes.
MRLN

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.sos-dan.ru/&ei=uCAfSrvbCJnglQfzqdSABg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsos-dan.ru%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DfD

This is the list of the episodes and the dates that they will be airing. You have to scroll down a little to see it. Hopefully that would make SOMEbody slightly less confused/more informed.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
nightvenom wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Hopefully someone will get on the ball with this in the future and have it subtitled online.

There is, and I don't know If I am allowed to post links though.

Pms I guess ?

I meant legally. Fansubs being streamed on Youtube is common, I know, and may be better than downloading (since it discourages people from keeping episodes), but it's still not the same as a 100% legal subtitled release ala Funimation's stuff or Crunchyroll.

Quote:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.sos-dan.ru/&ei=uCAfSrvbCJnglQfzqdSABg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsos-dan.ru%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DfD

This is the list of the episodes and the dates that they will be airing. You have to scroll down a little to see it. Hopefully that would make SOMEbody slightly less confused/more informed.

How legit is this site? A lot of these lists are pure speculation based off the light novels.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
How legit is this site? A lot of these lists are pure speculation based off the light novels.

Well if they stick to the novel timeline then this would be the most accurate list. Hope the powers that be don't mind me posting this link.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Suzumiya_Haruhi:Timeline
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
But I'd be pointing the blame at Kadokawa before I blame Bandai. Because afterall, Kadokawa did make fans wait for three years straight.
That's true but we don't know how much of that was due to having other projects already in the works before Haruhi hit big. Anime takes a lot longer to plan and make. They may have had too many commitments already in the pipe to just drop everything and go straight to season 2. It seemed like they intended to move faster but got bogged down.

I do agree that it's a big ball drop to not put out a legal sub right away. The only way to eliminate the problem of fansubs and get some kind of monetary support from fans who don't want to buy anything (through the ads and such) is to do the subs first. Having a deal where they come out a few days after the showing isn't ideal but it's a very good step. Here though, with all the extra lead time with the old episodes re-airing, they should have already produced a sub and had if for the stream. (Even a blind idiot translation would be better than nothing.)

Still, at least they are doing something. Perhaps they are streaming the episodes raw as part of an attempt to cut down on the Japanese illegal streaming/downloading?

I wish everyone would start looking beyond their noses. The whole world is going down the toilet because of short-sighted thinking.

I'll probably watch the raw anyway though. I haven't absorbed enough through osmosis to follow it but I'm sure it will be more interesting than watching reality TV. Wink
configspace

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Umm.. with all this whining about 'legal' subs on youtube.. you know, any Haruhi and Lucky Star material uploaded to Youtube, potentially benefits Kadokawa all the same? The deal they have with Youtube is like Universal Music's deal. Rather than take down the infringing video, they identify it and any ad revenue from it goes to them.

Secondly to be as aggressive with fansubs as Funi and d-Rights and MFI are would basically kill their fanbase (who spends tons of money on merchandise even if they don't spend any on DVDs)
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:

Well if they stick to the novel timeline then this would be the most accurate list. Hope the powers that be don't mind me posting this link.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Suzumiya_Haruhi:Timeline

I actually follow the books more than I follow the series, so I just watched Kadokawa's stream raw and understood it from my knowledge of the books.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
Have to agree with a few others.
For a show of this popularity, you would expect legal subs to be made available.
Then again, the fansub community is where the majority of the Haruhi fans reside, so perhaps that's their thinking...
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, no regional restrictions for once!

Now we just need hope nobody superimposes words on top of it, since that would be terribly illegal.
zippydoo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
Why is this news? It's not like they WEREN'T gonna put it online...they've put the rest there as the series re-airs.
irishninja

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
zippydoo wrote:
Why is this news? It's not like they WEREN'T gonna put it online...they've put the rest there as the series re-airs.

It's news because it informs people of something they did not know before. Smile

Yes, we all suspected they were going to do this, but nobody knew exactly when it was going to happen and not all of us have the time or wherewithal to keep checking back to the Youtube page to see if it's been added yet. Smile
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought the youtube thing was for people not getting the stations with the re-runs in japan?

So why would there be subs? I thought Bandai owns the rights to TMoHS in the U.S meaning there the ones who would need to put up the subs, not the channel who is posting the re-run.

I mean lets be glad theres a new ep, when theres ways of getting it subbed though Bandai people will use it, till then it's kind of Bandai's fault for not even giving word on the status of TMoHS in the U.S with the new eps

also I though Vanishment was up next not Sigh. There going by book volume I thought?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3