• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Book Collection Limited to 2,500

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
No matter how much you pay, only 2500 lucky winners get those art books? At least Konami will cancel the Wii U order for people don't win.
stocksatron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
they look awesome but they may be a bit over priced, I guess they are more orientated towards the japanese market though....
Regannator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
You know, sometimes I can't help but feel that stuff like this was DESIGNED to appease the collector elite.

"Collector elite" of course referring to people who buy Metal Gear s**t well beyond obsessively, then post pictures about it wherever they can:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112493

That is downright MILD compared to some of the stuff you could find on MGS TUS.

FYI, the Metal Gear fanbase is one of the very few where your status as a "true fan" is put under serious scrutiny depending on the size of your collection.
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This article should be edited with a note that the contest excludes anyone from outside of Japan - If if you're a lucky fan to be chosen, Konami will not ship these to an outside address regardless
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
While i have been a fan of Metal Gear since the first MSX game (that's 25 years ago) until now. I am surly not going to bother going through the loops of getting that book for that price. I feel irritated with such approach when Japanese companies choose this outdated method of making the chosen ones so special while the rest of the fans don't get anything. Oh well, eventually i'll find it online (yes torrents or so) so Konami will get the middle finger from me not the other way around.
Regannator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
IdeaOfEvil wrote:
This article should be edited with a note that the contest excludes anyone from outside of Japan - If if you're a lucky fan to be chosen, Konami will not ship these to an outside address regardless

Even better. Those outside Japan who DO get their hands on it will take every opportunity they can to show it off. =_=

I love Metal Gear, but I really do detest the fanbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1