• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Chihayafuru's Asaka Morio, Kunihiko Hamada, Takuya Tsunoki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miniicy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
All i can say is, hell y, season 2 to 1 of my favorite shows that year.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the great interview

I certainly hope the same staff works on the 2nd season. I mean why mess with perfection?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
When I saw the staff that Chihayafuru would be at AX I was hoping there would be an interview pertaining to the series (as well as a license announcement). Thank you for letting us see a bit into the minds behind the anime production.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Good interview. Looking forward to S2 though honestly I hope they focus more on the characters than karuta next time around.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
"What was the most important to me was to translate that into an interesting product, rather than worry about whether it would end up more shoujo or more shonen."

I really think they succeeded in this. The fact that the anime revolves around Karuta so much more than the lovey dovey drama is what makes it that way. I guess the only thing that really stands out as shojou in this series is the art style.
kittykatstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Really loved the interview. Loooved Chihayafuru so it was an enjoyable read.

"Do you already have a plan for season two?

Asaka: I don't know yet. The second series has been announced, but specific staff assignments, like who's going to be working with what and where hasn't been announced yet. We don't even know if we'll be working on the series. We hope we will. "

I hope they will, too.

So thank you, Bamboo Dong. =D
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Such a great interview! I really hope the same staff members with be part of Season 2.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
This was my favorite interview since RightStuf's interview with Tatsuo Sato about Nadesico! Thank you for this interview!

Now that I think about it, it'd probably be wise as a licencor to see how well season 2 does. If season 2 sucks, then the chances of Chihayafuru getting licensed will be worse. But vise versa, especially if season 2 concludes the series, then chances of a licenses should be much greater by then. It took Natsume Yuujinchou four seasons before it got licensed.
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
When I saw the staff that Chihayafuru would be at AX I was hoping there would be an interview pertaining to the series (as well as a license announcement).

Those guys make the show, but they don't deal with license and distribution issues.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Saw this interview existed and immediately thought "I bet Bamboo was involved." Very Happy

So excited for season 2. I really miss my Chihayafuru-fix.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:22 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the interview. It was really informative. I hope some of these guys are back for next season.
moshi-moshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:26 am Reply with quote
Yes, having read the interview title I immediately checked out the interviewer and was delighted to see Bamboo's name. Congratulations! It must've been delightful to talk with creators of one of your favourite series. And the interview was worth a read. Thank you! Great to know that there is going to be S2 and hopefully it lives upt to S1. Can't wait.
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
nice interview, although the Karuta in the anime looks fun, I doubt I'll enjoy playing it myself. Wink

I like the triangle love thing in the story, the fact we don't know who she will ends up with is interesting.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I certainly hope the same staff works on the 2nd season. I mean why mess with perfection?

Exclamation You are SO RIGHT Exclamation

I have never before seen a series that was so consistent. Often even very good series are a few great episodes and the rest rarely goes off the rails. Chihayafuru was truly masterful in the way every episode delivered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1