• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Darker than Black TV Anime Sequel Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arachneia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
I really enjoyed Darker Than Black but I don't think it needed any more then it did.

Really? There were so many unanswered questions, not just about Hei, but also about the basic mechanics of the story's universe. What exactly was behind the Gate's creation? How are the contractors chosen? What exactly happened to the old sky, and what's the connection to the contractors' powers? And remunerations? I've enjoyed the first season immensely - it's in my top 5 anime, in fact - but I would feel more confident vouching for its quality if the action and the cool powers didn't overshadow the premise.

Anyway, I'm very, very excited.
ChaoticDisturbance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Razz Razz Razz ***Damn it, FINALLY!!! - The ending of season one left plenty for a second season! Only not-so-important characters died at the end, and the police woman finally found Hei was the masked guy!

***I very hope to see romance there! The police woman likes Hei, but now that she knows he's the masked guy, WOHHHH I so can't wait to see what happens between the two.

I WANT MORE ROMANCE IN DARKER THAN BLACK!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Can't wait for it. I was just thinking an OVA about the south america gate's war would be great followed by an anime sequel but just to know about a sequel is already great, hopefully we get a few episodes on that war during this sequel but even if not it's still a great thing instead of spending money on creating cheesy animes they went for a really nice one, part of my top10.
ChaoticDisturbance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Yes! Can't wait for it. I was just thinking an OVA about the south america gate's war would be great followed by an anime sequel but just to know about a sequel is already great, hopefully we get a few episodes on that war during this sequel but even if not it's still a great thing instead of spending money on creating cheesy animes they went for a really nice one, part of my top10.

*Well, what I'm most interested is in the relationship between the police woman and Hei! Now that she knows his identity, I so can't wait to see what will happen between them! Hei is NOT a bad guy. We now know he's always been... different... that he's not a contractor... that he's human! So, now that we know Hei is human, there is room for romance with the police woman. Can't wait Very Happy Razz
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Turn Darker than Black into a romance series and bam, it's ruined.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3