• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CPM Star Anchor Ads

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quote
stanislaus wrote:
I am writing this in hopes of starting a discussion about the new TV style ads. This style of advertising is intrusive (sound!) and worse irrelevant (American celebrity news!).
For the Encyclopedia alone, ANN is a valuable resource to the Amine community. The Features and reviews are always informative and entertaining.
It is sad to see that the website has to resort to intrusive ads. I frequently recommend the site to my friends, now I will have to do so with a caveat.
In order to browse free of these ads ANN will have my Subscriber dollar, but only under protest.

This message copied from my post in Site Related->ANN Feedback

Agreed. Is there any way to dismantle these ads for the regular people, because I can't add staff without having these ads using up so much CPU on Flash that Firefox automatically locks up.
stanislaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 am Reply with quote
ads by mefeedia
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2