• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Celebrity Wire videos

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I use Firefox, and normally when I add staff for an anime, I leave ANN open in a couple tabs while I have the video I get the staff from open in another one. It never did this before, but as of recent, while I was adding or editing staff, whether it be switching tabs or updating information while another tab is uploading itself, Firefox locks up and I have to shut down the system before going back and starting everything over. Weirdly enough, this only happens on ANN.

I've noticed recently that ANN has been showing ads for Celebrity Wire (those video ads that automatically turns on the audio when you run the cursor over it), and that it's eating up a large amount of CPU used by my computer during these staff additions/edits. I don't know if ANN has control over what ads it airs, but whatever makes this problem lessen, I would really appreciate it if you guys did here what you did with those pop-under advertisements that got in the way of the bottom of the screen.
stanislaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi, Takkun4343,

I recently brought this up in a thread in this section of the forum called CPM Ancor Ads, which is a continuation of the Invasive TV Ads thread. Thanks for speaking up!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1