• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Fall 2012 - The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etrien

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, K's initial description and appearance piqued my interest (not too big on psychics myself, but I love ensemble casts), but after fanservice catgirl and monster-tits mc soldier girl, consider my expectations lowered. Sad

(Plus, the character bios/trailer make it look like it won't be the ensemble cast the initial description made me hope for... There's a good chance it will largely just focus on two groups, rather than all seven.)
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote
geez people, chillax. Anime hyper K is like a total fujoshi show but they just wanna try and attract a few males with neko and the other girl. it isn't so bad.

Its gonna be full of bishies, the fanservice will be minimal, I know it will.
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I would much rather have a "Perfect looking girl" in anime than one with the faults that come with what real girls have.

Really? Perfect characters have this tendency to be boring and annoying as fudge. Else recall the criticism towards Medaka and Kirito, both annoyingly flawless

I think this is more of the case of people just love to criticize any fault they can find. If a character has flaws, people would criticize those flaws, but if they're "perfect", they'll criticize that aspect. I enjoy both characters of Medaka and Kirito, but obviously others would have different tastes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who finds tossing out all expectations for a show just because there's a girl who doesn't like to wear clothes (because nudists totally don't exist in real life!) in it?

You guys gotta be more positive!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:00 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Am I the only one who finds tossing out all expectations for a show just because there's a girl who doesn't like to wear clothes (because nudists totally don't exist in real life!) in it?

Ikr? Anime hyper I'm a girl and I don't mind. Ok, I would if this was an anime full of girls like that, but its not. And she's like one of other...what 12 main characters? there isn't gonna be nudity 24/7 in that show!

I find Neko cute. <3
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

This is the anime fandom you are talking about, they have to judge the book by its cover otherwise the fandom would collapse on itself.

I was never planing on watching K since it's not on my radar so if there is a girl that doesn't want to wear her clothes I don't see the big deal of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 am Reply with quote
K... well, the production values and animation look very good. But with so many handsome/cute young men and women in the ensemble cast, it looks like a show targeted squarely at teenyboppers, fujoshi and otaku. Neutral Not really my thing.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
Neko was eye-rolling, but I watched the preview and come on, this is totally a Bishie show regardless. The fact they uploaded a three minute trailer without a single female character is incredibly telling. If anything I'm more worried about how many generic Bishonen stereotypes I'm going to have to wade through, like Glasses there.

The premise sounds pretty generic, but it obviously looks fantastic and the trailer makes it look like it'll be heavy on action. It could still turn out terrible but I think it's worth a look. The most interesting Spotlight yet, at the very least.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Neko was eye-rolling, but I watched the preview and come on, this is totally a Bishie show regardless

And pray tell, why is this such a bad thing?

Why is it a bad thing that us Fujoshi/Fudanshi get a bishie show when there's plenty of boilerplate Otaku bishoujo shows?

Why do male-oriented fandoms always shit over anything aimed at girls in said fandom? Do you guys have some repressed hatred of women or something? Are you really that threatened by the presence of women-aimed shows in anime?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quote
And pray tell, why are you going apeshipt? The rest of the post was positive and that part works in the context of pointing out the concern over Neko's desire to let it all hang out is completely overblown. The only repression here is in your head.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
I really hope the production companies for Psycho-Pass or Kamisama Hajimenshita will give ANN some info so they can get the Spotlight treatment.

So far, I'm only 'mildly' curious about K, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and Zetsuen no Tempest.

I'll wait for the rest of The List to pop up to what else strikes my interests.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And pray tell, why are you going apeshipt? The rest of the post was positive and that part works in the context of pointing out the concern over Neko's desire to let it all hang out is completely overblown. The only repression here is in your head.

Indeed. It's actually funny to me, because I'm pretty much equally disinterested in Boys Love and Yuri stories, and I'm not over fond of either all boy or all girl casts. I'm about as neutral on this issue as it comes. Laughing
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Following the “world-theme” genre of the '90s, and the “daily-life” genre of the '00s, K will make way for a new genre of the '10s across various media.

Quite the bold statement. It'd be easier to believe if this weren't set at a high school, but we'll see what happens I suppose.

Anyone have an opinion on what they mean by "world-theme genre"? I haven't seen this before. My best guess it's meant to describe shows like Escaflowne where the lead is dropped from our world into some type of other fantastic one.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
rockman nes wrote:

Man look at those eyes and arms and that body shape.

I think it's merely proof that America has never actually seen a real dog's body in their entire lives Laughing

Leave Adventure Time out of this, weeaboo...

spoiler[seriously]..
nhat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
rockman nes wrote:
lostrune wrote:
rockman nes wrote:

Man look at those eyes and arms and that body shape.

I think it's merely proof that America has never actually seen a real dog's body in their entire lives Laughing

Leave Adventure Time out of this, weeaboo...

spoiler[seriously]..

Whoa someone is getting offended, you might need to take your daily chill pill there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 39