• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: K-ON's Mio, Reborn's Hibari are #1 Bride, Groom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:

Of those top ten females, I think I'd have to go for Azusa myself, though Yuki is also an appealing (if a little odd) option.

I don't get why anyone would want to "marry" Yuki. I mean she's cute and all, but what would you talk about? She never was the conversationalist. Unless, that's the main appeal... Very Happy

[/b]
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
While I realize this poll and its results are meant to be taken as light and harmless fun, the one reason I shudder is because I wonder if, among the participants, there was anybody of a similar mindset to that otaku in Japan who tried to petition for an marriage license to wed Mikuru Asahina of TMoHS last year.

I don't think that petition was particularly serious, either...

But yeah, Ichigo is pretty much the only one on the list who would actually make a good husband. (As far as wives go, I'd rather have Orihime, even if it means I'd have to cook.) Then again, people obviously answered on the basis of "I THINK S/HE'S HOT" and not "I think s/he'd really make a great wife/husband."
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:

Of those top ten females, I think I'd have to go for Azusa myself, though Yuki is also an appealing (if a little odd) option.

I don't get why anyone would want to "marry" Yuki. I mean she's cute and all, but what would you talk about? She never was the conversationalist. Unless, that's the main appeal... Very Happy
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
WTF! Azusa Nakano is #6.. She is the Loli! O_O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
what? Am i alone on this. I have never thought about this ever in my life. I watch anime to get away from stupid stuff like this. I watch it to see a good complicated story and characters, unlike a lot of media here. This article just made me feel stupid. Some people seriously need to get outside a bit.

Your not alone on this one. In all the eight years I've been watching anime, I've never thought about this. Now if this was a poll that asked what voice actor from that series would you want to marry, this would be normal.

Clearly, anyone who thinks a fictional character is real and they want to marry them needs to be psycologically evaulated. Or at the very least get a job or something more productive.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Double post, sorry.

Last edited by Teriyaki Terrier on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
[accidental double post]

Last edited by mufurc on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
For a moment, I thought they said Mio and Hibari should get married.

....He'd KILL her!

Nah, she'd drop dead on the spot of her own accord after hearing the news.

So, what, is Sasuke banned from this poll? That's the only reason I can think of as to why he isn't #1 on the list.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:
Why anybody would want to marry Hibari is quite beyond me... I suppose all females must just be masochists at heart...

Truth^2.

Poor Mugi and Ritsu... but I would have voted for Mio too.

And what's up with the same guys every year? Do females think they are going to get called out and ridiculed for liking another guy from another show? ("YOUR love is NOT as strong as MY love since you strayed to another guy!")
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
[accidental double post]
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Hinagiku ♥♥♥

Also, I am amused to see Date Masamune on that list. Some girls have good taste. Much better than any guy who'd want to marry a Yuki or an Asuka. (Edit: I suppose I can't rule out that it could have been guys voting for the groom section, too. Date is pertty gar, you gotta admit.)

Edit again:
Quote:
Your not alone on this one. In all the eight years I've been watching anime, I've never thought about this.
I don't think it's something most people really think much about because, well, they're not real! It's not the kind of thing I ever think about until I see news/polls/discussions like this, at least. But as mentioned earlier in this thread sometimes it's kinda fun to think about such "what-ifs."

Mario1234567 wrote:
WTF! Azusa Nakano is #6.. She is the Loli! O_O
Duh?

Last edited by Veers on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
sashaisme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
sashaisme wrote:
I wonder what would happen if this was done in America?

Everyone would be all "That's pathetic, I would never vote." Then they would secretly vote even though they are embarrassed. People take things to seriously.

I myself would have voted for Taiga.

I mean, who do you think would win in an American poll?

I'll put my money an anyone from Death Note... 'specially L, Mello,Matt and Near.

And then there is the ever fangirled over Sauske, but that's Naruto...
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
That list is crazy!
Mugi-chan is way more waifu material than Mio.

And the fact that Mugi comes from a family that's got more wealth than I could ever imagine, even in my wildest dreams and hopes of personal monetary avarice? In this still turbulent global economy, that wedding is simply nothing but financially sound win.

(Oh yeah, helps that she's cute and has a relatively normal personality compared to the other members of the Sakura Keionbu...
I said _Relatively._)
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
For a moment, I thought they said Mio and Hibari should get married.

....He'd KILL her!

Actually, Hibari's a jerk, I can't understand that one.

Hibari is not a jerk. He has his own principles and isn't interested in what the others are doing. He just like to fight good opponents that he can bite to death. Anime smile
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, if I had to pick somebody off that list it would definitely be Sheryl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4