• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva:1.0 Film on 70+ N. American Screens This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfrostyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Well given i live in burlington, ontario I have roughly 5 different theaters around me within 30 minutes showing the movie. And one about 5 mins away Smile I am so there

Oh and windsor is across from detroit.
roesnail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
wow i have the chance to see this movie three times in theaters because i live in san diego and im going to both AX and SDCC.
yellow ledbetter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
So they can show it in at a place named Medicine Hat but they can't come to New York City? Whatever I just hope we don't get dicked over with crappy dvd only non finalized version.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
yellow ledbetter wrote:
So they can show it in at a place named Medicine Hat but they can't come to New York City? Whatever I just hope we don't get dicked over with crappy dvd only non finalized version.

That's what Eva 1.0 is, the movie version. I think FUNi licensed that instead of the 1.01 DVD revision, and they DEFINITELY don't have the 1.11 BluRay version which should be far superior in every aspect.
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
To everyone here, When Lance Heiskell Funimation's Marketing director was at Anime North a couple weeks ago, I lobbied him hard to have him bring this film to Canada and I am thrilled that he is doing just that.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
To everyone here, When Lance Heiskell Funimation's Marketing director was at Anime North a couple weeks ago, I lobbied him hard to have him bring this film to Canada and I am thrilled that he is doing just that.

Yeah, but bringing it to Canada instead of the United States is an awful idea. If you don't live in California, Texas, or Mass., you're pretty much SOL when it comes to seeing this on the big screen.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
JackCox wrote:

Yeah, but bringing it to Canada instead of the United States is an awful idea. If you don't live in California, Texas, or Mass., you're pretty much SOL when it comes to seeing this on the big screen.

But it could have been the movie theaters in the US saying "No way. You're not Disney.". This could be the best that FUNi could do.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
yellow ledbetter wrote:

I guess you didn't know that Medicine Hat is a hotbed of anime appreciation, eh? You Amerkians should all just come up here and watch it...free beavertails for everybody!
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Riverside CA Ultra Star University Village July 29

What??? It's coming to the small theater by my university as one of only 10 USA locations?

I don't know why, but that's awesome. I hope we get more cool movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
edit: double post. delete please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Probably going to hit Windsor. Anyone know where that is? If it were Downtown that'd be perfect. If not...well. I don't mind a drive.

RhymesWithEmpty wrote:

I second that - send some stuff to Pittsburgh, please!

You just got Stanley. Congrats. Twisted Evil

Yes, yes we did Anime hyper I think I'd rather have the film screened here, personally, but don't let anybody else around here hear that, they'll lynch me XP

Wow, so, how many people have multiple theaters around them playing it? Really couldn't have spread it out anymore, Funi? >.> *jealous*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
driving through Phx. on the way to SDCC? Heh, I'm going to watch this many times...

and? I don't care so much what version, or if it's got 2 mins. less It's BIG SCREEN baby!

AND? support for this, SHOWS support for having movies like this come to screen. I would assume that east coasters will get this at some point...
irishninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
*deep breath*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*squee*

Ahem. Thank you, Funimation!
dizzon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You Amerkians should all just come up here and watch it...free beavertails for everybody!

Canadian Road Trip! Hey, how hard is it to gain dual citizenship? I could use a free refill on my meds Anime dazed .
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Let me know when the most recent version of movie 1 is in the theater instead. Wink

Don't expect it until after Funi releases version 1.01 on DVD, then re-releases everything in Premium, Collector, and Platinum editions. Next, you can wait for 1.11 on BluRay and, oops!, then they re-release it as a bundled set with the 2.0 movie when it comes out. Repeat this 4 times as the movies come out bit by bit, and then relaunch the whole idea in a decade when a new media format comes out and is ripe for exploitation.

Aren't cash cows a wonderful thing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7