• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 18-Meter Life-Size Gundam's Videos, Night Shots Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Very, very cool.

But every time I read the words "Odaiba" I can't help but wish they could also build a life-size Dai-Guard (w/ scaffolding).
Meson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Silly elevens, This gundam statue is cool and all, but the Alaskan mech is fully-functional, and comes with working flame throwers. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Am the only one who thinks this is a total waste of money? I understand Gundam is a big deal, but does it really need to be that big and light up?

Something just came to me. Could you imagine the Statue of Liberty and this thing going at it in the middle of Tokyo or New York? That'd make a great movie.

Gundam is pretty much a big part of Japan Culture and many people will appreciate it. You can say it's art and it's mean to be appreciated and enjoyment. If it was human size, it wouldn't be impressive at all.

The only thing this gundam is missing is some rocket missile. that can be used for national security.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
Now if only they could make this into a ride-able theme park attraction, they would have an international winner... and a million+ visitors a year to see it too...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
Seriously, though. Something this awesome can NOT be a waste of money! They should build an even BIGGER one next! Let's see... What's bigger than a Gundam...? Hmmmmmmmm... How about Dancougar? That's pretty big, right? Anime hyper

haha they should do a daitarn 3 1:1 scale next Very Happy love your avatar btw
RedLeader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
Hee hee! DAITARN CRAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!! Anime hyper I'd also recommend Gunbuster or Macross but they might be TOO big... Anime hyper

Thanks! It comes from this sad little idea I had back in the day that Toonami should have a Go Nagai Hour with Mazinger and Getter back to back! Anime hyper But that would simply be TOO awesome for Cartoon Network. :p
pajmo9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Variant_Wings wrote:
i think it would be pretty cool if they build a building or something to have it on display in side so it won't get ruined. like a building for international anime convention or something. so they won't have to tear it down. Confused

Perhaps a Gundam museum in the shape of a 1:1 scale White Base. They could put it on display in the docking bay. Laughing
Usagi_Mitsukino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote
I've seen better moving figures at Disneyland . . . I think the Japanese can do better then a Motionless status that just moves his head. Although the fact that is 1:1 is a bit impressive.
luffyluffy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
What? For only two months? I wanted to go see it with my boyfriend...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3