• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroshitsuji Anime's Second Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
joystick1101 wrote:
If Kuroshitsuji season 2 is possible, then I have higher hopes for Code Geass season 3. Considering both had spoiler[the main character DIE] in the previous season.

spoiler[Lelouch didn't die, as far as I'm concerned. I doubt C.C. was talking to the air in the last scene,] and Sunrise has said more Code Geass is a possibility anyway.

What? Talk about being delusional, Okuichi (head writer and co-creator) and the majority of the staff have already confirmed his death along with majority of the publications stating the same thing, everything else is just fan fabrication (don't get me started on the code theory since that has already been proven false) and really after how R2 turned out are fans so desperate for another season that they're willing to destroy the impact the ending had? Also that message of more Code Geass is just a wish statement by Sunrise executives, nothing has been stated by Taniguichi (who's working on a Kimba The White Lion remake) or Okuichi about their involvement in this "new" series so anything can change. Anyway this news is surprising considering the finale, how will they pull it off without it's lead is how I would like to know (though considering that Sebastian was probably the main reason anyone watched it).
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
@ChocoBar: Nope, I'm not delusional, just in happy denial Smile Normally I'm not one to make ridiculous statements like this either, but Code Geass is one series where -- for the foreseeable future -- I will maintain my belief there is a substantial chance of the show getting a third season unless Sunrise explicitly states they won't be making any more.

Also, the "impact of the ending"? Psshh, felt more like a bump on the shoulder to me with all the loose ends Sunrise left. Bottom line is, if they can keep the theatrics rolling, I'm there for another season. Call that "fanboy desperation" if you will, I just call it getting more of what I want. I suppose this would be what many would dub "milking the franchise", as well.
The Risky Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Pocky Monster wrote:
I screamed like the Kuroshitsuji fangirl I am before coming to my senses. I don't know how this is going to work ...but I'm interested to see how this turns out.

OMG I did the same! I know the anime ended well, and wouldn't make sense to continue. However, deep down I wanted more. I so glad my dream came true. Just hope they don't screw it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
@ChocoBar: Nope, I'm not delusional, just in happy denial Smile Normally I'm not one to make ridiculous statements like this either, but Code Geass is one series where -- for the foreseeable future -- I will maintain my belief there is a substantial chance of the show getting a third season unless Sunrise explicitly states they won't be making any more.

Also, the "impact of the ending"? Psshh, felt more like a bump on the shoulder to me with all the loose ends Sunrise left. Bottom line is, if they can keep the theatrics rolling, I'm there for another season. Call that "fanboy desperation" if you will, I just call it getting more of what I want. I suppose this would be what many would dub "milking the franchise", as well.

Well at least your honest Surprised
Don't see alot of this from the fanbase Laughing
luhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I never believe anybody is dead, ever, unless I see the corpse actually being buried or incinerated and even then you can't be sure.

I'm excited for more Kuroshitsuji and I'm sure some stupid, er, adequate explanation can be found for the events of the final episode. We fans won't think too much about it and everything will be fine.

(And I still say Lelouch isn't dead.)
joystick1101

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
well maybe season 2 just won't be about Ciel, but Sebastian. Think please twins, please teacher's sequel wasn't about the 1st season's main character.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:

What? Talk about being delusional, Okuichi (head writer and co-creator) and the majority of the staff have already confirmed his death along with majority of the publications stating the same thing,

I thought they said something along the lines of 'Lelouch vi Britannia/Lelouch Lamperouge was dead, but only in his name and maybe/perhaps/hopefully not physically. I dunno Confused , it's been awhile since I last seen that comment (pretty sure I read it off of wiki or something) but personally I think it would have been a better ending if he did die, assuming he did die. I think he died Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop , even if I ddn't want him to.... anyways, while i'm just a little confused as to why and how there going to make a second season of Kuroshitsuji, whether it be for 'milking the franchise' or not, i'm happy Anime catgrin , I liked the first season (despite seeing some flaws in it)
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
The way I see it there's two ways they could make this work, basing the second season on Sebastian, the Grim Reapers, the mansion staff or something along those lines, or do an alternate retelling or something like the story being told before the events of the first anime sort of like what they did with the second season of Hayate no Gotoku. Regardless of the interpretation I'm really looking forward to this.

Also, how is a second season "milking the franchise"?
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see the first season, but when one is dealing with demons, the rules are different. I love the art so I've been buying the manga volumes & it seems sort of a let down if Sebastian doesn't protect his master from permanent harm. I really can't see Sebastian failing that far.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
How can there be a second season when the ending spoiler[basically killed off the two main characters]. To me, the ending was the saving grace to an otherwise rushed and rather incomprehensible series. The second season better not retcon the ending otherwise I'll be angry.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
I suppose this would be what many would dub "milking the franchise", as well.

Which does not require making a "third" Code Geass season as such. A new series involving new characters and situations or, who knows, even using an alternate universe is perfectly possible. The "milking" of Gundam has already demonstrated this numerous times. Trying to debate the matter one more time before any actual events indicate one possibility or the other is essentially going around in circles though.

Now, to actually stay on-topic...I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about Kuroshitsuji so, other than spoiling myself by reading this (which isn't a problem, really, since I'll probably forget before I ever watch or read the actual material), the only thought that can cross my mind is that something like that should also be possible. Perhaps even more likely, since there's a manga they could just choose to animate another part of it and pretend previous events didn't happen? Just a random guess from me.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Haven't finished the first season yet so I can't comment on this seemingly infamous ending everyone is speaking of, but I am very much liking this news. Kuroshitsuji was one of the better series from last year, so more doesn't seem like a bad idea to me at this point.

Last edited by Jedi General on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I love this anime even though all of first season except for 2 or 3 was filler. I just hope they add the circus ARC in season 2. I wonder how they are going to pull it off my guess is that spoiler[Sebastian didn't take his soul in the last episode maybe he changed his mind and decided to let Ceil live??]
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Now, to actually stay on-topic...I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about Kuroshitsuji

What I love about the manga is it slowly delivers the added tidbits. I'd have to re-read the first volume, but I'm not even sure we know what Sebastian is by the end of Vol 1. It's gothic & a boy & his trusted butler from the start, but them we get wordplay about Sebastian as a demon & a butler & his skills are as amazing as the rest of the staff seems totally incompetent leaving Sebastian to pull their fat out of the fire more than once as they botch this or that before an important guest visits. Ciel is a demanding master, but only because he knows Sebastian can deliver which is why I can't see what everyone is saying beyond the animators really screwing up a good thing & if they did, then a re-set is in order. We're finishing off the circus arc in the manga & none of the main cast has fallen by the wayside.
Ciel is the heir to a large toy company in England, but his family has also been a shadow enforcer for the British crown for generations. Ciel's family was murdered & Ciel even apparently killed only for him to reappear later (a year or so) with Sebastian at his side so Ciel is a boy who has to function in the adult world with few illusions of his personal happiness.
spoiler[When his family was killed, Ciel was kidnapped to be sold to the highest bidder which is when he made his bargain with Sebastian. I seem to recall comments about Sebastian not wanting Ciel's soul at this time--that he prefers more seasoned souls? I am going to have to re-read the fricken thing. ]
I originally found Ciel to be rather cruel, but as we learn more about his staff, he's revealed to be much kinder.
I still like Sebastian more, though.
And he likes kitties. Aw.
aaawhyme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
Well, I have to say that since Kuroshitsuji was the best anime I've ever seen and the best manga I've ever read, I am very excited for this new season. But like people are saying, I just can't see how they are going to make it work...
They are going to have to do some pretty fancy plot hole fixing if they are going to attempt this.
All in all, I salute them and I hope everything will turn out great in the end!

Even if it does ruin the first season, I will just have to convince myself that the first season was the end and there was no second season! xD Sound like a plan?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3