• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroshitsuji Anime's Second Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
aaawhyme wrote:
Well, I have to say that since Kuroshitsuji was the best anime I've ever seen and the best manga I've ever read, I am very excited for this new season. But like people are saying, I just can't see how they are going to make it work...
They are going to have to do some pretty fancy plot hole fixing if they are going to attempt this.

Considering there have been no hints whatsoever of anything of this sort in the manga, I'd say if push comes to shove, the anime people will have to excuse their own creative license & do some sort of reset.
Sebastian being what he is, there are any number of ways to close any number of plot holes.
Erowen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Pocky Monster wrote:
I screamed like the Kuroshitsuji fangirl I am before coming to my senses. I don't know how this is going to work ...but I'm interested to see how this turns out.

I did exactly what you did. Screamed, made my family think I was insane, and then tried to take back my scream, thinking it was all a joke. I'm very, very curious to see how this is all going to happen.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
err about time you face the fact they didn't show Ciel dying... if i recall well the screen just went dark before he's supposedly eaten.
ryuzaki_keehl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Umm... I'm thinking that Ciel might make it on a technicality, as he never actually promises Sebastian his soul, he just says something to the effect of "you can have a lot of souls." In which case maybe... I don't know... I'd like to see how they explain away the whole "I'm gonna eatcha face" at the end... "lol, just kidding, they actually kissed, lolololol."

Well, I'm still excited and trying to stay optimistic : )
Dfireanime14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how far the anime strays from the manga but maybe they'll do it like FMA Brotherhood, retelling the story so it sticks directly with the manga. Or we'll go back to the last ep of season one and right before spoiler[Ciel dies] he has flashbacks of all the arcs the anime left out. and then that's the season. OR since Sebastian really doesn't know what it's like to have his soul eaten he spoiler[eats Ciel's soul or w/e] and it turns out it's an alternate universe and Ciel has to team up with all the other souls Sebastian has eaten and they try to make it back to their world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3