• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken - Sonic Diver Rei-Jin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
luffyluffy wrote:
Ironic, I just got myself a Krauser!

How is that ironic?

Maybe because he used the term "ironic" in an incorrect context? That's sort of ironic. I blame Alanis Morissette for slaughtering the definition of that term, myself. NO, kids, this is not irony.

Rob Bricken wrote:
I managed to not blow out my brains [...] when I watched Windaria back in the ‘90s.

Blasphemy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Moomintroll wrote:
luffyluffy wrote:
Ironic, I just got myself a Krauser!

How is that ironic?

Maybe because he used the term "ironic" in an incorrect context? That's sort of ironic.

Good catch.
sharonlover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote
lol I loved sky girls, but only because it was cute girls in mecha, and your review just sent me into spiel after spiel of laughter, because yes, it is true.

love the comment on nanoskins vs cockpits Smile

thanks for the review and the laughs Smile
tyr112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
How do you do a review of a toy knowing so little about the series it comes from? I haven't watched the series, but even I know that the suits the girls wear have a tail-like plug in the back. You could have seen that in pretty much any image of the characters.

The parts of the review that actually covered the toy weren't bad, and it does seem like the figure isn't worth its hefty price, but most of your complaints were about the series. If you want to complain about how ridiculous the show is, you shouldn't do it in a toy review article. Obviously, anyone who wants to buy this toy is already ok with the strange designs in the show, so it's kind of pointless to go on and on about how weird it is. Just talk about the toy itself.
abynormal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
tyr112 wrote:
How do you do a review of a toy knowing so little about the series it comes from?

Because you don't have to know the source material to identify poorly designed merchandise.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
quote="jsevakis"]
Rob Bricken wrote:
I managed to not blow out my brains [...] when I watched Windaria back in the ‘90s.
I WILL FIGHT YOU[/quote]

You guys SO make me want to see Windaria SO badly xD

I liked Strike Witches, and so Sky Girls is something that I figure I whould like as well. That toy though, looks a little iffy. If it held together better I'd consider it harder but things are difficult to display tend to be annoying. I mean, what if I don't want to display it in the form that it came packaged in? I don't want to HAVE to finagle a pile of parts, no thanks. -.- Parts are supposed to pop off with accidental excessive force in order to protect the toys parts (Transformers are like this), not just fall off >.> Also, to me anyway, I whould think that having a hole in her butt and a peg on the seat of the mech whould be preferable to having it the other way around o.O I mean, now the little girl figure looks funny. Thats just lame.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3