• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Heh, no wonder the show is called K: Return of Kings this season. The big guns are all together including Shiro who makes his inevitable return. Idk how I feel about their alliance against the Green Clan tbh. Can they really trust each other?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
K Season 2, episode 5:

Evolution huh? And honestly, I still have a lot of doubts about trusting the Green Clan. Their group is sketchy and Shiro just got back recently...This season has a slow pace still and I hope pacing picks up a bit. Anna really is taking a keen insight to her role recently though.

K Season 2, episode 6:
Hmm....

So we have the plan form the other Kings as their alliance is important for strategizing and taking on the Green Clan. They actually manage to fit a good portion of the fight into the second half, something I'm pleasant to see. The amount of exposition in the first half felt somewhat far-fetched though imo.

As kinda expected, plans can go wary so yeah...

Good OST and coordination of the action though. This season continuously maintain its high budget so I'm pleased to see that part. Definitely better than the previous episode.

Last edited by Stark700 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
K season 2, episode 7:

Not bad, compared to some of the other episodes, this one was better at least in the second half. Up to this point, it's vaguely shown that Anna holds a lot of potential as the Red King. I'm glad they allowed her to reveal that potential this episode.

The storytelling still feels a bit flat imo until that plot twist. Hmm...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
Did the Green King cut Seri in half during that attack? I think that's the most extreme brokeback I've ever seen, especially since her lower half never moved at all.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I wish Shiro did a bit more in this fight although I don't think it would of made a big difference. The Gray King played them like fools tbh and the Blue Clan didn't see it coming. In the end, they were the fools.

Kinda felt bad for Fushimi this episode...but his decision at the end ...was he, questionable.

I'm wondering what the Green Clan will do next?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no better way to prove your loyalty than become a traitor. I mean, it's not like he ever gave them reason to doubt him before now. Oh wait.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Yeah, no better way to prove your loyalty than become a traitor. I mean, it's not like he ever gave them reason to doubt him before now. Oh wait.

I don't think Fushimi's trying to prove his loyalty (unless he's planning to infiltrate JUNGLE and break it down from the inside). At this moment he's really bitter because he was forced to cooperate with the Reds that he despises and still the mission failed and his King ended being defeated. To make things worse, that same King called him a traitor and mocked him for his lack of commitment. So basically, if he's gonna be called a traitor no matter what, might as well become one (again). I'm pretty sure he's trying to spite Reishi, not impress him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I got all that, I was saying that he's got no room to feel so bitter, since he's given them good reason to doubt his loyalties in the past. If you steal from people and then they all look at you when the next theft happens, you don't get to act all hurt that people are unjustly suspecting you.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, I'm not excusing his behavior at all, he honestly had no reason to get so confrontational with Reishi to begin with (they literally had no reason to assume the Gray King would be involved when the dude had been MIA for 14 years and pressumed dead) and he's pretty much throwing a tantrum at this point. The whole thing was blown out of proportion because both of them were oversensitive and both managed to hit the other where it hurt.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Hmm, I guess that settles it. fushimi has defected for sure now unless he has some hidden motives that no one but himself is aware of him. I'm kinda surprised the Green Clan guys revealed most of their secrets to him like he's a veteran or something. Slow paced episode. Watching Seri kicking some ass this episode was fun though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
Seriously? No one thought of ranking up like that before now?

This is turning into Hamatora.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I had forgotten about the hot ninja girl from the movie. She's nice.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Seriously? No one thought of ranking up like that before now?

Considering how obsessed most of the Green clan's members are about the points, it would probably be a bit difficult to find someone willing to sell his/her points to you.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Sure, among people who genuinely want to rank up. But you can get points for doing really minor jobs, so it wouldn't be hard to recruit people to "join" to do those jobs and pay them to hand over their points. It would of course take longer than Fushimi did by scoring a top point-earner's cooperation, but it would add up. We've seen it in the real world with selling gold and characters in WoW and other mmrpgs, and for a lot of people working with Green Clan this is all just an elaborate game anyway.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
K Season 2, episode 10:

Eh, I think pacing of this series feels pretty odd at this times. The flashback with the rivalry between Red/Blue Clan from Anna's point of view and about Mikoto was way too overstretched imo.

So I'm guessing the Slates will be the major antagonists for the reminder episode while the Green Clan will also play some sort of antagonist role. Wonder where Fushimi stands in all this. I also wonder if he will encounter Reisi again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Munakata never ceases to amaze me in this season, hopefully he puts up a good fight next time against the Green Clan.

It's good to see Kukuri being useful this episode as well.
Wasn't too surprised by Fushimi's betrayal already as his defection originally felt a bit awkward. A lot of set up for the upcoming final episodes. I hope Anna gets a role in there as well. One of the actual better episodes this week imo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 16