• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-06-17

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
This is perhaps a little dark for my tastes. A simple comedic trip or fall could have sufficed to conclude this arc, but this ends in disaster. Please, think of the children!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
If I see the phrase "Based on a True Story" under this comic I think I will freak out...
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
conclude this arc...

heh, this concludes nothing... because Kevin isn't going to remember anything, but will still feel the guilt. So he goes and visits her against Paola's advice. Hmmm, could be that the turnabout is that Kev now helps her get away from her crazy. Or Not. We may be heading into a more complex time...

Great stuff as usual Wink
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
Now, hopefully Paola is scarred for life and we never see her again. She's far too annoying to me. Even more than psycho girl was. Great route that you took here though Robin! Smile
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
Brilliant. Based on a true anime story. Wink

Anywayz, can I cameo in the convention carrying ten tons of recently-bought anime goodness? Very Happy
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
conclude this arc...

heh, this concludes nothing... because Kevin isn't going to remember anything, but will still feel the guilt. So he goes and visits her against Paola's advice. Hmmm, could be that the turnabout is that Kev now helps her get away from her crazy. Or Not. We may be heading into a more complex time...

Great stuff as usual Wink

Or Paola, wanting to put the whole 'made-the-crazy-stab-herself' thing behind them, tells Kevin his girl found her REAL Tamahome and left with him, so he consoled himself with the nice Daisuke figure- 'xept he left his wallet in his other clothes and had to borrow from her to buy it. Kev gets a shiny, Paola gets some cash, and we put the whole messy business behind us... at least until Robin gets in a slump and has the crazy crew pop up again to 'rescue' Tamahome. Laughing

Now, what I really wanna know is- what was that plate friggin' made of?! Shatters on the ground, but capable of piercing a human breastbone? That's some plate right there...
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
So... the plot thickens thicker still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
panzer.time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Now, what I really wanna know is- what was that plate friggin' made of?! Shatters on the ground, but capable of piercing a human breastbone? That's some plate right there...

Solid sakuradite?
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
Is it wrong that I never quite hated Miaka? She was delusional and the "relationship" was going nowhere worth going, but she never struck me as an out-and-out villainess. I kinda feel for Kevin once he has the entire situation explained to him.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
panzer.time wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:

Solid sakuradite?

Maybe the same stuff Nausicaa's knives are made of. If they're assembled by sweatshop workers, maybe.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
Awesome dark comedy! I will agree that this is my favorite arc yet. Can't wait to see what's next!
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Shocked Nutty as a fruitcake.

I've met people almost like this, you know the kind, the ones who run into traffic to catch their boy/girlfriend...... you definitely want to stay away from people like that.... it ain't no fun.... Wink
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:

Maybe in her imagination it could have reached her heart, but to call the ambulance it just needed to reach an artery. Glass would have done the trick.
elreicht

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I took the strip too seriously by mistake, and now I'm feeling bad for the kevin-miaka "relationship". If this was a serious comic, it would've been tragic.

I wish this arc doesn't end here. Embarassed
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:

Maybe the same stuff Nausicaa's knives are made of. If they're assembled by sweatshop workers, maybe.

it wouldn't have to be assembled in a sweatshop. i have a hardened ceramic knife; it would shatter if i ever dropped it, but it's insanely sharp. that's just the way they are.

i hope this chick comes back to stalk kevin after she gets out of the hospital. crazy as she is, i like her Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6