• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Battle Mania

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzer.time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Aww, WiFi crash and double post. Sorry.
Losstarot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Get Excited If: You want to play Final Fantasy Tactics and Persona at the same time.

Then consider me excited. In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of any game crossover that would excite me more.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
wow, except for a nicer case, those $300 twin sticks don't look much better than my home made ones for saturn/dreamcast that cost me $15 to make. i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to wire something up to a 360 controller.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I can't really agree with that Endless Frontier review.

As someone who has not liked RPGs for years and years, I heartily encourage everyone to give this a shot. Yes, even if you don't like RPGs like I typically do. Try it.

I liked it too. Een though they used boob jokes a lot, it was still one of the best RPGs for the DS I have played since Chrono Trigger. Though, it doesn't beat Chrono Trigger.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
after reading the review for the new SRT game for the DS I can only wonder how it's still going, daily whenever I pass through any store or game stop I would always see stacks upon stacks of the first super robot taisen game in the DISCOUNT bin, some of you may say the jokes make the game and what not but if I buy a RPG consisting of giant robots battling each other I WANT TO PLAY A GAME WITH GIANT ROBOTS BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER and not some stereotype filled crap shot that some company thinks it's funny to make rips on something just cause they hardly make anything decent. sure be it a kink for some guys to get a laugh out of numerous cleavage shots in a game but when those cleavage shots and bad sexual innuendos make up the back bone of the game and no I do find the battle systems interesting but still it takes a back seat in my honest opinion to all the cleavage shots and scantly clad girls. sure I admit I'm a pervert but I don't play games to get my kink I look it up on the freaking net, if you fans of the super robot taisen game want to rip me a new one over this go ahead this is my opinion of the game I bought the first game and played it for Half an Hour got so nauseated with all the stereotypes and cleavage shots that I took the game out of my DS and Smashed it with a hammer out of disgust was I going to sell it No cause I wouldn't want to wish the horrible game onto any other self respecting gamer or anime fan.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
after reading the review for the new SRT game for the DS I can only wonder how it's still going, daily whenever I pass through any store or game stop I would always see stacks upon stacks of the first super robot taisen game in the DISCOUNT bin, some of you may say the jokes make the game and what not but if I buy a RPG consisting of giant robots battling each other I WANT TO PLAY A GAME WITH GIANT ROBOTS BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER and not some stereotype filled crap shot that some company thinks it's funny to make rips on something just cause they hardly make anything decent. sure be it a kink for some guys to get a laugh out of numerous cleavage shots in a game but when those cleavage shots and bad sexual innuendos make up the back bone of the game and no I do find the battle systems interesting but still it takes a back seat in my honest opinion to all the cleavage shots and scantly clad girls. sure I admit I'm a pervert but I don't play games to get my kink I look it up on the freaking net, if you fans of the super robot taisen game want to rip me a new one over this go ahead this is my opinion of the game I bought the first game and played it for Half an Hour got so nauseated with all the stereotypes and cleavage shots that I took the game out of my DS and Smashed it with a hammer out of disgust was I going to sell it No cause I wouldn't want to wish the horrible game onto any other self respecting gamer or anime fan.

What the fudge are you talking about?

The first Original Generation game doesn't have cleavage shots. Don't tell me you have played the first Original Generation game and then show everyone you haven't by talking about something that doesn't exist in the game. The characters with large breast don't even show up until the second game.

Unless your so disgusted by their flight suits which are common in anime so why the hell wouldn't the become common in SRW games. If you are disgusted by them I have to question why the hell you would watch anime.

If you want to make yourself look like some badass by claiming you smashed something with a hammer, than tell your mom to buy you the discount video game but don't lie to us, to make you look manly and above humor.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Persona remake for PSP now that's what I'm talking about. I've never played Persona but I'm considering the series. As I'm pretty FF'd out. Well, not entirely but I need a new scene and so far what I've seen of P3 and P4 has sparked the interest. And of course 'Atlus' knows how to spoil you with goodies. SOUNDTRACKS!!!

I guess the good folks at 'Banpresto' were showing how much they care about puberty. Super Robot Taisen OG. They should have added and 'M' for OMG!! I was considering it but I don't think could take that much *fruit*. But if it's a good game I'll bite.

So a new one for the Wii. Well, if they can sell it here I say go for it.

Why does that shot look like she's holding a big eraser. Disturbing.

Hey maybe the artist for 'Devil Survivor' will finally get a shot to do more designs for games. FFT meets Persona, that's a pretty intense marriage.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
uh the bouncing boobage has been a staple of SRW for a while it was introduced in Alpha 2, happened again in MX then Alpha 3, SRWJ was the first GBA SRW to have the 'Gainax bounce'. people saying OG didn't have bounce didn't see OGs Excellen practically bounces all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Persona PSP: Finally, we'll get Persona as it was meant to be. However, there's been a lot of complaining from people that the new soundtrack ruined the original Persona's atmosphere. The new J-pop battle theme doesn't really sound all that good in my opinion and I wonder how badly mangled the character themes are. Still I can’t complain too much. We’re getting to see the cast as they were originally were and the Snow Queen quest is back in full bloom. Definitely getting this one.

Endless Frontier: I didn't expect this to be reviewed to be honest. When you mentioned it was being released in the U.S. on a previous X Button article, I assumed you were going to leave it as an afterthought. But instead I find a review that is slathered with intense dislike of all the boob jokes and misconstrued plot. You're right though, but it's not as bad as NIS America's poor handling of Ar tonelico 2. *shudders*

To be honest, I did like all the anthro characters (animal people as you called them) and various NPCs you meet, but as you said at the beginning, this doesn't really capture any true aspect of the SRW series save for some passing references and of course giant robots from the Original Generation series.

Monster Hunter: Lol at your comment about Monster Rancher being robbed of its proper glory. I don’t know if MR could have ever attained that kind of crazy detail. I still loved the anime though (Japanese version impossible to find!) ._.

Devil Survivor: Well, I know many people are tired of the stock anime designs most character designers deign to use, but something about Kaneko’s style freaked me out. So a new look for the series won’t kill it.

On one last note, Dino Riders, Todd? Really now. XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
MH Knights

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Persona sells well enough that we can get remakes of Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
uh the bouncing boobage has been a staple of SRW for a while it was introduced in Alpha 2, happened again in MX then Alpha 3, SRWJ was the first GBA SRW to have the 'Gainax bounce'. people saying OG didn't have bounce didn't see OGs Excellen practically bounces all the time.

Ah. Y'know I've seen the games and I must have really not noticed. I have a friend that plays a good majority of them. So I watch him play.

I have to laugh at the last like about OGs Excellen. They need to market a rumble pack for that. Laughing
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
endless frontier was awesome. i played that game nonstop for days. juggmonkeys Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
endless frontier was awesome. i played that game nonstop for days. juggmonkeys Smile

I love that term. Juggmonkeys.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
Argh, I want the Super Robot Taisen Neo if only for the nostalgia factor. Actually saw some of the obscure anime titles mentioned in Canton dub since Hong Kong showed them back in the 90's.

Saw a local English dub of Raijin-Oh circa 1995. Ten years later Hero TV dubbed all three Eldoran shows in Tagalog. Was wondering when Super Robot Wars would get around to them. SRT Neo better have God Raijin-Oh and King Gosaurer as playable.
Baronight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
i would have agree with most of the review regarding SRT for DS
but it wasn't really that bad, the game was light,
and it does not take you 30mins-1hour to kill a boss
(unlike original SRW...while the battle require some strategy, its also painstakingly long boring fight)

and like many people said...bouncing boobs has been staple in SRW game...can't complaint to that, just take it as extra service...
SRT is the reason i bought DS, and i definitely do not regret it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3