• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Stalker girl makes her appearance.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Another great episode that focused on Shinka. It would seem the stalker wasspoiler[ stalking Dekomori as she is pretty obsessed with her, she ended up making her feel quite unsettled] at one point. Kumin was pretty sharp in seeing what was happening, what the fake's intentions were and Dekomori spoiler[actually wanting Shinka's attention]. Their ship was quite strong by the end. I could totally get spoiler[being annoyed at someone taking your embarrassing past as your own], her reacting to spoiler[Sofia's recollections] was the best.

Also super cute part with Yuuta giving Rikka some fries and walking with each other. Kind of wonder if her inability to activate was from feeling down about Dekomori, or if she is actually growing out of it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Stalker girl makes her appearance.

Indeed. The battle of the "spoiler[Mori Summer(s)]" begin! Eh, this was actually my least favorite of the season so far imo. Idk why but the battle felt a little stale. I'm still a fan of spoiler[Mori Summer but it just felt a bit different, probably because of the stalker girl]. Anyways, yeah.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
This was probably the first chuuni battle that I could get into. When these scenes usually occur, I'm thinking, "Okay, lets get this fantasy battle over with already," but this time I actually wanted to see the two fight it out lol. Maybe it's because I'm more comfortable and familiar with the main cast that these scenes feel more appropriate.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
that was slightly disappointing. Stalker girl spoiler[being in love with Sanae]. I guess I was expecting something different and not some sort of one shot side story, and got my expectations up too much
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Dat spoiler[beach] episode. All the girls looked great and guess who's back! Well, I had fun with this episode and that spoiler[chunibyo battle was epic imo with Rikka as Lord Shingan including the upgrade!]

As I had thought, the spoiler[romance subplot is going to really take the stage soon. That Sofia girl remembers more of her past and I think this love triangle is going to escalate.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

So I was somewhat right last week, it looked like Rikka was spoiler[actually growing out of her 8th grade syndrome], and neither Yuuta or spoiler[Touka] realized it. Could be that she is spoiler[so comfortable being with Yuuta that she does not need to rely on her syndrome to feel special]. Rikka calling Sofia to spoiler[fix herself had me a bit worried that she wants to regress], that she will choose spoiler[her delusions over Yuuta], but Rikka seems to think otherwise. Rikka was saying that their fantasies spoiler[are a connection between] her and Yuuta, and she implied her syndrome is spoiler[but one way for her to show how special their relationship is]. You can discuss whether this is a healthy choice, but Rikka made it and she seems dedicated to show she can.

On other news it looks like spoiler[Sofia has fallen in love with Yuuta again], kind of sad that she did not seem to spoiler[realise it until she decided to really support Rikka]. She is an honest girl so I feel sad that she has been forced into the situation. I will be interested to see how everything will go.

It was a nice beach episode, even with KyoAni again choosing it to bring up the main issue. Seeing the whole gang including Kuzuha, spoiler[Touka], and some new characters like Kumin's aunt and the kid.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
That ending! Hell yea!!! Hell yea!!! Thats exactly what I wanted Smile
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Occasionally I think they'd all get over their issues if they just used their room to play hours and hours of tabletop role-playing games.
Have fun, get it out of their systems. Live a normal life.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10

Poor Sophia/Shichimiya. And Yuuta just had to spoiler[be a nice guy and go back, when she was trying again to give up].
Didn't help that most of Yuuta's reasoning for spoiler[loving Rikka also explained her].

Also somewhat funny with what Kazuha was roped into, and Rikka trying Yuuta's head twisty thing on her.
Mami Melody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
I'm 8 episodes in to season 2!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Mami Melody wrote:
I'm 8 episodes in to season 2!

What do you think?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Lite episode 6

I spent most of it thinking just how Shinka would react to people finding out about it. Nice magic circle though, and a transformation from our magical devil girl.
Mami Melody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, it seems to just be focused on completing the romance, so I don't find the plot as entertaining.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
I gotta give Mori Summer some credit this episode. spoiler[She spoke from her heart and was helping out Yuta in more ways than one. Hell, she even went chuibyo to talk to Sofia this episode. RESPECT.]

That chunnibyo battle was fast though lol. Oh well at least we get to see the spoiler[DARK FLAME DRAGON]. Still, some parts feels a bit rushed. Anyways, next week's the finale so hopefully it will be memorable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21