• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
ONA (lite) episode 3

Laughing He is such a hypocrit Laughing no wonder he is trying so hard to forget that.

So this one dealt with Yuuta's sister, Kuzuha, retelling his time as Dark Flame Master, and I think cements him as a perfect match for Rikka. The best bit was when his sister's spoiler[friend actually found his act cool, I would think it would be hillarious if she came back with 8th grader syndrome.]

Who is more embarassing really is hard choice.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

Hell, I like his whole family (with an absence of a father, hmmm).

hmmm indeed, couldn't you just see the gears in Rikka's head moving when she was told his father was working in Jakarta? You know she has to be considering how to incorporate that into her personal fiction. My totally unsubstantiated guess is that she will create a great story of him being the great dark wizard of whom Yuta is Scion and inheritor of great magics... and eventually he will come home for a visit and be revealed as an extremely boring salaryman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
ONA (lite) episode 3

Who is more embarassing really is hard choice.

It has to be him. At least she wears normal clothes. People will just assume she had an eye injury when they see her eyepatch.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprisingly liking this show, it definetly helps that it seems to have the wakiness of nichijou which sadly flunked but I loved that show.

All I can say about episode 2 at the momment is this:

BOOM HEADSHOT!
dan7el

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
This show makes me laugh. When the eye-patch girl tried to do the up-the-bookshelf-and-over loop in the hero's room, I was laughing out loud.

I got Blackstar Shooter vibes when the sisters fought their epic battle in the playground.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
You have such a way with words Blood-. i didn't notice the cat until it had meowed
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Caught up through episode 2 now (still have a couple of the LITEs to go) and am now convinced that this one's a keeper. It ranks with Maria Holic Alive as the funniest series I've seen in the last couple of years and has a certain thoroughly delightful spirit to it. The spoiler[flashes back and forth between how Rika was imagining the duel with her sister and how it was actually happening] in episode 2 were priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
So, episode 3...

It looks like despite his best efforts to get away from Eight-grade Syndrome, ol' Dark Flame Master is making friends (and a club) that consist of it.

And is that the second Evangelion reference in this show? I think there was one in the first episode...
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
Another entertaining episode imo especially with all that abuse coming from Yuuta Laughing Shinka attracts a lot of attention during her cheerleading trials while Rikka also tries out as well. And once again...Yuuta has another dream. spoiler[L-O-V-E]

That was also a funny way to get their final member for the club. spoiler[Rikka tries to split personality trick but gets owned by Engrish.] GG.

O, and nice fight there. I see a Magical Lyrical Nanoha A's reference there. Also, I think the gun that Yuuta used might be a reference of Bloody Rose from VK.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Wait how does Yuuta know the teacher? spoiler[I don't recall seeing the teacher in previous episodes and yet we have Yuuta calling her Nana chan, like she is some relative of Yuuta. I couldn't find her on animelist.]

Looks like Nibutani has spoiler[the hots for Yuuta. I wouldn't be surprised if the sempai also likes Yuuta.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Couple of favourite bits from the eppie: Rikka spoiler[sweeping Yuuta's legs out from underneath him with a nifty slide into second base], and sempai spoiler[having a nap.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Lol, spoiler[K-ON] is aabout girls, not sure if it was meant to be a reference, but definetly comes off as one since it being KyoAni. This also includes the bit where Rikka tried her spoiler[Catherine bit, Rikka responding with "yes" when she did not know what to say reminded me a lot of Ritsu in the K-ON movie.]

Yuuta screwed up in spoiler[having Rikka feed him, made them look so love dovey] that it set the entire class off. And oh no, Rikka found spoiler[another person like herself on the internet, and said person somehow transfered to their school.] I really liked the bit where shespoiler[ tied herself up with her own hair], full on fail. Nice that they also seem to have made friends with Tsuyuri, she is like the Tsumugi of the group.

Some real meat though in what Nibutani is thinking, spoiler[happy to see Yuuta see her in the cheer leader outfit, joining the club for some unkown reason]. Would it be too crazy to guess that she like him, a lot of actions seem to imply the case. Looks like he may have harem lead syndrom, a case where a guy releases some sort of pheremone that that drives the girls crazy, watch for further information. We know he will go with Rikka though, would be cool if an anime would pull something crazy and have the guy not go for the female lead.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Some real meat though in what Nibutani is thinking, spoiler[happy to see Yuuta see her in the cheer leader outfit, joining the club for some unkown reason].
Well, if my "position of relevant information in anime" meter is working properly, the spoiler[reason isn't really unknown, she's the online nut who wrote that book Hairlecopter was reading.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Well, if my "position of relevant information in anime" meter is working properly, the spoiler[reason isn't really unknown, she's the online nut who wrote that book Hairlecopter was reading.]
That seems likely as when rewatching I noticed the spoiler[manuscript was written by someone called Forest Summer, and the club name seemed to include "of Summer" when she joined ther group.]
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
Episodes 1-3, Lights 1-3.

While I haven't checked out almost any of the other shows this Fall as of yet Chuunibyou is definitely a keeper and will most likely end up as my favourite of the season (Tari Tari was in summer season). I absolutely love it. This is one of those pure emotional orgasms when I just love the show. The story is very coherent and is going at good pace and animation & character design is just raisin cookie with milk level delicious. Love the different characters especially how masterfully the teacher handled our cute little Takanashi. Delusion vs reality joke is hilarious at this time, I simply hope they keep it fresh by adding different flavours later on so it does not become a routine like in many other comedies. Oh and Yuuta's delirious dreams about his crush on teh hottie - love that as well. I am very much anticipating the upcoming love triangle as Takanashi suddenly realized she has a tough opponent. And yes, I do expect some romance development to happen by the end of it all. I will be fairly disappointed otherwise.

As to the seeming plot hole of why Nibutani is feeling for Yuuta... well the foundation was laid. They are both class reps and we saw them establish 'mutual support' type of relationship. A month has passed too. Of course this does not replace the actual on-screen development but for now I am willing to give Chuunibyou the benefit of the doubt, as long as I don't see too many of these off-screen developments.

Final thoughts: Kyoani (finally) strikes gold again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 21