• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aoi Hana's TV Ad, Promo, Production Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
Mmmm, I didn't expect Fumi to sound this cute, but I have a feeling the newcomer VA will do her justice. Hehehe, the first episode premieres next Wednesday! I wonder if this one is going to get the simultaneous streaming rights like that other Noise series?
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I'd probably break the forum with how much I squealed at a video being available, so I'll just say that I cannot wait.

I am so looking forward to a nice slice-of-life shoujo-ai series that isn't all supernatural/pointlessly tragic/etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Ranma824

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Yuri - The genre the DOESN'T get denied at the printers Razz

(but instead gets caught up in licensing hell Sad )

Anyway, this show is definitely on my must watch list.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I was worried when I saw the first models for Fumi and Akira, but this promo makes them look soooo super sweet (the music and colors are just wonderful). I really can't wait for this one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
utawoutau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
What is the big deal about this anime. I've been seeing a lot of news, promotion, and hype about it. Is it just cause its girl-love, or is there something else I don't know about?
Hikari06

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
utawoutau wrote:
What is the big deal about this anime. I've been seeing a lot of news, promotion, and hype about it. Is it just cause its girl-love, or is there something else I don't know about?

It's an excellent coming-of-age drama that has yuri, but is good enough to appeal to people who aren't normally yuri fans. Carlo Santos did a glowing review of it over a year ago in his Right Turn Only column. I'm sorry that I don't know which one, but you can find it there if you search for it. And aside from simply being an excellent manga, it's being directed by Kenichi Kasai, who directed Honey and Clover and Nodame Cantabile also. (Which I'm sure didn't hurt the hype. Wink ) As a bonus for yuri fans as well, it features canon yuri that doesn't come across as crass or contrived, but sweet (although occasionally sad) and organic.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
This is making me unnaturally excited Very Happy
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Hikari06 wrote:
utawoutau wrote:

It's an excellent coming-of-age drama that has yuri, but is good enough to appeal to people who aren't normally yuri fans. Carlo Santos did a glowing review of it over a year ago in his Right Turn Only column. I'm sorry that I don't know which one, but you can find it there if you search for it.

Found it!

animenewsnetwork.com/right-turn-only/2007-05-01
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1