• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(Im)probable sequels - the sequel!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Edit: Spoiler Alert! Posts may refer to the content of the original shows, and may give away plot details.

Fair enough, Key. Second attempt. Laughing

Shadow Star Narue
The uneasy feeling on the part of the viewer of The World of Narue that all was not quite as it seemed is vindicated big time in this sequel. Over the course of a number of harrowing spoiler[visits to hot springs resort, beach and swimming pool], it is gradually revealed that Narue's never-properly-explained hairdo is in fact a two-pointed star-shaped alien (or "dragon star") whose intentions are unclear. Dismemberments and panty-shots ensue.
Be sure to pick up the "Collector's Edition". Special features include a 4-hour interview with the character designer for male lead Kazuto on his work in the show.
Rated TV14 (body horror and half-arsed show-within-a-show)

Whisper of the Heart 2.22: You Can (Not) Get Married at Fifteen
Young Seiji Amasawa pilots his giant, entirely hand-crafted, wooden robot (Check out that scroll work!), to defend suburban Tokyo — but can he handle his personal battles on the home front? Yes, he can actually, because that was all settled in the previous film.
Shizuku spends many happy afternoons at the public library reading up on age-of-consent law while Tama burns.
Rated G (It's my life and I'll get married if I want to)

Okay, that's my offering. I'm sure others can do better! Smile

Last edited by ailblentyn on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Kimi wo Korosu
Old Japan's habits never end, and this time we had the beloved Kimi ni Todoke award us with Kimi wo Korosu, Kimi no Todoke's bastard third season.
Plot Summary: 30 years after the end of Kimi ni Todoke, Sadako and Shota-kun now fed up with each other decided to divorce and send their children to an isolated island west of Japan where Battle Royale occurred. Sad future for those who live in 2050 indeed.

Infinite Harem
A retelling of Infinite Stratos' future sequel. In this case, the plot never kicks in and we get an endless amount of harem where a character named egoist pops in and kidnaps French girl forever.

Mythical Caramelized Madoka Stick
Once dark, now a pink full blown lolicon spin-off of its former whatever where the characters are actually old with measurable breasts. Madoka died and became the caramelized stick, but mini (now older than) Senjougahara couldn't accept that fact and became a rebellious lesbian. Egoist, the new character, who happens to be a girl in the story, marries Senjougahara and both now live happily together and teen angst free.

Oreimo OVA
Kyosuke finally snaps and slice Kirino up in a very yandere manner.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Now this is what I'm talkin' about!

This one may be a bit obscure but still seems appropriate:

3x3 I"s
Having been slain by the bikers he once rode with (as part of protecting Itsuki), Yosuke is brought back to life by Itsuki, who reveals that she has actually been an immortal triclops all along but just has had her triclops personality sealed for many years. With Yosuke serving her, she endeavors to use her supernatural powers to become truly human so that she can steal Ichitaka (who believes that he was Itsuki's childhood friend but actually had his memory tampered with by a dark god) from Iori, who's actually a demon trying to enslave Ichitaka to her will.

More later when I have more time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Digimon: The Adventures of Rena & Kyubeymon OVA
Rena, a young magical girl and digimon trainer, and Kyubey, a cute mysterious creature with amnesia, go on adventures together as puella magi and cute animal thing. When Rena's in real danger, Kyubey digivolves into Kyubeymon to save her and the day! But when Kyubey gets his memory back, will they be able to get along like old times? Or does Kyubey's memory hold a dark secret that could put Rena's very life at risk?

Antique Pokemon
Keiichiro Tachibana has always had a dream: to run a Pokemon gym! His parents put up the funds for him but the only place he can get is an old antiques store. Fitting with the theme, Keiichiro offers up sumptuous battles using fossil Pokemon. Think twice before you underestimate his Carracosta and Kabutops! Looking for more gym trainers, he hires the "gay of demonic charm" Yusuke Ono, who fights faithfully with his Cradily, young ex-boxer Eiji Kanda who hits tough with his Rampardos. Also joining is old childhood friend Chikage with his team of six level 5 Magikarps. Each single comes with a unique bonus Pokemon card!

Hehe, I'll try and think of some more later.
Truered

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist: Chibihood in which the entire FMA story in told in chibi form, save for comedic moments in which they revert to un-super deformed character models.

Improbable sequel you say, well...

Jurassic Park: the anime. In which Muldoon is a grizzled Dinosaur hunter who punches dinosaurs while yelling, Malcolm has his own personal harem and the T-rex is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Untitled Neon Genesis Evangelion harem anime (Aka Rebuild movie number 3): in which the whole internet ragequits.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
I like reading these. I want more, please!
In the meantime...

Haibane Renmei!?
This time it's all about the girls you love having the time of their lives!
We all know Old Home used to be a boarding school, but would it surprise you to learn it was a private girls' school for ... magic? Join all your pleated-skirt-clad favourites, plus long-suffering (and slightly pervy!) mentors the Toga, through all their magical battles, crushes, and crazy capers. Word is that this retelling of the much-loved Haibane Renmei is actually closer in spirit to ABe's original vision. And if you snag the box set, it comes with the Haibane Renmei Summer Special: Rakka's First Swimsuit. Very nice.
(You can also check out the cool OP on YouTube, where Reki and the Communicator leap hand in hand into space through a wall made of 50,000 pieces of mismatched china. What a rush!)
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
Key / Visual Art's in association with Bee Train presents Barrel After Story, a new fantasy romance set in an underworld of guns and grime. The delinquent protagonist, Tomoya, meets six troubled young women and helps them come to terms with the tragic circumstances of their lives. Mireille is still traumatised by the deaths of her parents at a young age; Kirika suffers from memory loss; Madlax and Margaret must untangle their confused identity issues; Nadie cannot deal with her constant rejection from her male school mates; and Ellis has mysterious powers that could change everything for Tomoya. One of them is his true love. Who shall it be? Will he be gunned down before he can confess? Based on the St Petersburg arc of the popular adult visual novel by the same name, this anime, with its beautiful moe female character designs, is sure to win over a new legion of fans to the Key / Visual Art's portfolio.

Kirika - one of the adorable characters from the series.

Last edited by Errinundra on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Godfathers PART II

This complex but critically acclaimed sequel combines flashbacks of the lives of Gin, Hana and Miyuki prior to the events of the original movie along with their explosive later developments. We learn that Gin was the head of a yakuza mob that controlled Japan's horse-racing industry until his overthrow by his scheming, ambitious daughter. We see Hana as a J-pop superstar before her real gender is dramatically exposed on TV, and Miyuki as an elite Sakura Space Cadet until she is discharged for insubordination. In the thrilling climax, the three heroes convince the Japanese Space Agency to throw all its resources behind their plan to save the J-pop industry from the evil machinations of Gin's daughter. Giant mecha horses battle it out with Sakura Power Suits on the streets of Tokyo with the insane laughter of the prodigal daughter ringing in everybody's ears.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
Blood: The vampire before the last vampire
You thought Saya was badass? You should have seen her grandma!

Fullmetal Alchemist meets Texhnolyze (the movie following Conqueror of Shamballa).
Themes: crime organizations, cyborg, post-apocalyptic
Objectionable content: Intense (graphic depictions of sex, drug use, or bloodshed)
Ed and Al go through the gate. Al ends up in Nazi Germany. Ed, to his surprise, wakes up in Lux. This is when he realises that he ordered Mustang to seal the gate.
At least he will be able to get new, fantastic artificial limbs.

Vampire Hunter D: Return of Carmilla
Vampiress Carmilla manages to find a way to come back among the (kind of) living. D seems to be the only one to be able to kill her (again). However, just before starting his journey, he discovers his first (very long) grey hair. Things are not looking good for humanity.

Love Hina: Paris Chapter: Seisuke, Keitaro's cousin, was also once determined to be accepted into Tokyo University, the hardest Japanese University of all to get into, because of a promise he made Sayako when they were young... However, like all guys would do in his palce, he forgot all about it and decided to start a career of an onion seller in France. Will their paths cross again?

Hell Girls and the Feminists: Hell Girl is summoned by Shizuka Oda, a die hard feminist. Shizuka gives Hell Girl a bunch of leaflets and convinces her that she does not really have to do this hard job by herself. "What the hell happened to equal rights in Hell?!

Last edited by Unicorn_Blade on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
Kanon: Twice Bitten - Mokoto is angry for having been ditched again by Yuichi. Now foaming at the mouth, she eyes the sleepy little town nestled away in the mountains of Japan.

Clannad: After Story After Story - Now living their peaceful lives, Ushio discovers the Dues Ex Machina didn't quite work out as the loved ones around her life start mysteriously dropping dead. Her only hope now is to find the cause and vanquish it once and for all.

Kodomo no Jikan: Girls Gone Wild - Does a description here even matter when the tame versions aren't even licensed for distribution outside Japan?

Daughters of Mnemosyne: The Big O - Mimi sets up a new shop and hires the exceptionally intelligent 11 year old Tsukasa as her assistant. Mimi must now be responsible for the position once held by Rin, and it appears the darkest elements of humanity have much more to offer the new team.

Evangelion 0.1: We [finally] Get It Right - As a follow-up successor to 2.22's success, this 3 part OVA delves into the secrets why this franchise simply will not go away, as told through the best artists in Japan. Features include: The Gullible Audience, VA commentary, and artwork not found anywhere in the three parts.

Cowboy Bebop: Resurrection - Faye Valentine scours the universe to find a way to wake Spike from his coma (because he didn't die) and discovers there's more to Spike's past than he ever let on. Meanwhile, Jett, distraught over Ed's departure, works to reform the group as the Bebop is in need of serious repair.

Lucky Star: The Second Year - With Konata, Miyuki, Kagami, and Tsukasa now graduated, it's up to the underclassmen, er women, to take over and continue the "much ado about nothing" delivery of useless topics. The series introduces four new freshman (to nearly clone the four who left and provide a third season) to the group.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Enough Already - Kyon's little sister, aka "the god with the whims of a child", gets fed up with the group's behavior and places them into the "Endless Eight Thousand" loop. Can Kyon find a way out or is the group destined to remain in the loop for the rest of their lives?
Retail Price: Take the number of people anxious to buy a season featuring 8000 near-identical episodes, multiply by 1,000 (for no reason at all), divide by the number of people who say they won't buy, and add standard 50% markup for a grand total of $123.99, per single containing 2 episodes each of a 54 episode collection.

Magic Knight Rayearth: Wait! Can We Do That Last Part Over Again? - Our three youngsters are still not content with the closure of visiting Cephiro and wish to return only to screw it up even worse than their first two attempts. This time, the series plays out like a Final Fantasy video game, so expect quite a few useless cut scenes in the middle of the action.

Pokegurl: The Beginning Tray is a young girl who seeks to find and train little animals to fight while running from ASPCA, a group hell bent on trying her for the crimes of animal abuse. Accompanying Tray is a young girl named Cuchi-Cuchi-Coo, whose mysterious past may hinder Tray's goal.

Initial D: Traffic Court - The group has finally been apprehended for their reckless driving and endangerment to the public. How will they fair against a judge known as "Hang 'em Yung"? These gripping 26 episodes will deliver play-by-play action between the lawyers and the court. Expect the 4 Part, Season .5 at a retailer near you soon.

I could do this all day, but I've a lunch to eat.
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote
Macross 7Plus 2.0-Isamu Alva Dyson and Myung Fang Lone, now married start their new lives on Macross 7 City together with their twin children, a girl and a boy, Isamu is now assigned under the command of Maximillian Jenius and Myung has her music career back and is set to perform alongside Fire Bomber in a concert, with Myung and Mylene singing Minmay's hit song "Ai Oboete Imasuka" together. Things aren't so peachy when a rogue Zentraedi/Meltrandi force threaten the long-standing peace, as their war-like instincts take a hold of them once more. The leader of them is the father of the late Guld Goa Bowman. Civil strife embroils for the Zentraedi/Meltrandi who decide to side with their human allies.
naninanino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Huh? My Goddess!

This takes place in Keiichi's life as an old man. Belldandy is still by his side as young as ever, but Keiichi has a hard time remembering whether he ever made out with her or not, not even to mention her name.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
My Neighbor Porco Rosso: A grizzled old fighter pilot with the face of a pig settles in the Japanese countryside next to two young girls who spend a lot of time alone due to their mother being hospitalized with a serious illness. The old pilot and the girls have a number of magical adventures together in his seaplane, including getting into a dogfight with a catbus. In the end, everyone becomes friends and a soft, lilting song plays over the credits.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Johny Appleseed-When Briarios goes in for an oil change, Deunan Knute is given another new replacement partner named Johnny and forced to help plant apple trees as part of a land reclamation project in Utopia.

The Creature and Black Lagoon-Angered by perceived copyright infringement on his name the creature from the black lagoon invades Roanopur for his revenge on Lagoon Company and is summarily shot to pieces.

Blue Gender Seed Drop-Fanservice, mecha, and giant plant monters collide in this action packed sci-fi epic to threaten Tokyo and somehow the characters find time for steamy yuri romance.

Dead Garden-Kate, Rose, Claire and Rachel, after finally having gone everywhere and done everything there is to do now are just searching for some way to die and finally get around to solving the mystery of the Red Garden. Theme song performed by Nightwish.

Hell Girl's Lost Property-Ai's computer is stollen by the flock of flying panties which leads her to set up shop in Tomoki's home town. Much nihilism and rampant fanservice occurs as Tomoki's female classmates begin disappearing one by one. The lack of girls to peep on motivates Tomoki to find out what's going on. Meanwhile, Nymph struggles with whether to pull the string and send Tomoki to hell or not.

The Legendary Legends of the Legendary Heroic Heroes-A useless recap of the previous series now with an even more obnoxious and redundant title!

Oh man, I could do this all day. Laughing
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Legend of I'm-Not-Just-A-Shameless-Plug-For-The-Manga Basara
In which the entire manga of Basara is animated by Bones. Because it's worth it. And the entire Japanese otaku community realizes exactly what awesomeness they've been missing out on all of these years. Merchandise sells out, the economy is saved.

Please Save My M*****-F***ing Anime Adaptation
Money from the proceeds above is dedicated in giving this OVA anime an ending that isn't some crappy c*cktease. The entire manga of Please Save My Earth is animated in its full glory in just as high quality as the first episodes. It becomes a world-wide sensation.

3x3 Eyes - What About the Other 35 Volumes?
Considering the financial success of the following two projects, willag is hired on to direct a 50+ episode tv series of the rest of the 3x3 Eyes manga. At the same time, she uses her political power (seriously, the person who came up with the ideas that ended up saving the Japanese economy? Japan bows down to her now) to reverse Bill 156 just so that she can create the bloodiest romp of an adventure, no-holds-bar (and some s3x0rs between Pai/Parvati and Yakumo, because it's importance to stay true to the manga). When given undead, indestructible Wu, we are obligated to then try to kill them in every gruesome way possible. Oh yeah, and everyone is finally treated to Haan in his awesome animated glory.

La Rose de Versailles - FINALLY On The Big Screen
Now having made a name for herself, willag uses her power to coerce Toei Animation into completing the fricking movie that's been in pre-production since 2008. :/ She also throws her weight (and money) around to get the Rose of Versailles tv series (and while she's at it, Sailor Moon) in the states.

My Plans For Success
An animated documentary on how willag WINS AT LIFE. Free Princess Tutu plushies in every Limited Edition. No freaking pillow covers of willag allowed you shameless creeps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4