• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Glassy Ocean

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicomorr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
Of the three works by Shigeru Tamura I've seen, a piece of Phantasmagoria (not in the encyclopedia) is my favorite. Unlike in Glassy Ocean and Ursa Minor where you are given clues to these imaginative worlds provided by memories, tales, and conversations that happen casually; Phantasmagoria is more... organized perhaps. The flow of the story in GO and UM feel very natural, but I just like it more in Phantasmagoria because more time is spent in every specific land. A piece of Phantasmagoria is a series of shorts (over ten if I recall correctly) that explore a world where every different place is as whimsical as in Glassy Ocean. In fact, one of the lands IS the world of Glassy Ocean.

I'd just like to add that his first animated work, Ginga no Uo Ursa Minor Blue, won the 1993 Ōfuji Noburō Award, given in other years to Memories (1995) and Millennium Actress (2002).
Interesting post. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5588 looks great from the DVD cover. Says 15 episode OVA at 5 minutes per episode, is that correct? I also can find no reference in ANN - why doesn't someone add it, who has seen it?

~NM Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2