• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamisama Hajimemashita (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Kamisama Hajimemashita
Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural

Plot:
Quote:
After her father having run away due to gambling debts, and being evicted from her apartment, Nanami meets Mikage, a strange man who is afraid of dogs. Nanami "saves" Mikage from a dog and tells him her story. He gives Nanami his house as a thank you for saving him. Nanami accepts the offer, due to having nowhere else to go. Mikage draws her up a map showing her where to go. Upon arriving, she finds that it is a rundown shrine. Nanami is then almost killed by Tomoe, who was expecting Mikage to finally return after his 20 year absence. She is then greeted by both Onikiri and Kotetsu, as the new land god of the shrine. Unable to accept Nanami as the new land god, Tomoe mocks her then leaves the shrine, which, without Tomoe's power transforms back into a run-down state. Not wanting to rob Tomoe of his home and realizing that her powers as a god are too weak anyway Nanami leaves, but eventually is brought back by Tomoe after she seals a contract with him, making him her familiar.

Episode 1
Just watched this and very funny episode so far. I liked how Tomeo is acting like a boss holding Nanami and also that scene on the tree. There's a lot of humor in this series so far and most of them concentrate on Tomeo and Nanami.

spoiler[There's also a kiss in the winds though so that was sort of sweet although it seems to be a sort of contract.]

Also, nice ED song with kamisama echoing in the lyrics. Anyways, this series has promises especially in the comedy department, and maybe more so later on in the romance/drama.

Last edited by Stark700 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Cute show. Sadly, the fansubbers who did the version I saw used a hideous green font. Anyway, I'll stick with this one for a while just to see where it goes.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Cute show. Sadly, the fansubbers who did the version I saw used a hideous green font. Anyway, I'll stick with this one for a while just to see where it goes.

The KMPlayer will override subtitle settings. So you can have the subs in whatever font and color you want.

First episode was fun. There wasn't anything really fresh or innovative, but I did enjoy it immensly. Liked the play between the lead and Tomoe, and how headstrong our heroine is. Looks like a solid show. Which is good, since it has been a long time since we've had a good reverse harem show. Hey, girls need some love too!
LKK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
Which is good, since it has been a long time since we've had a good reverse harem show.

I've never thought of Kamisama Hajimemashita as a reverse harem. Are you basing your statement on the manga or the publicity poster?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

spoiler[Poor Nanami... meets Mikage.
Tomoe was not happy with Nanami.
Her sudden goddess status was a surprise.
Her Earth Deity duties were very much like a caretakers..
That Tomoe is totally tsundere.... I like it LOL
The whole other world adventure was really fun to watch!
I really like Nanami - Tomoe relationship, will be watching this one!]
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
Melanchthon wrote:
Which is good, since it has been a long time since we've had a good reverse harem show.

I've never thought of Kamisama Hajimemashita as a reverse harem. Are you basing your statement on the manga or the publicity poster?

I think it is reverse harem and I am basing this on manga.

Last edited by danilo07 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I liked the first episode, might be another good Shoujo anime this season. It is a ladies show, but as I mentioned in another thread, a good show is a good show, and I liked some of the spirit Nanami showed, like spoiler[her refusal to beg to] the fox, is he a Kitsune or something slightly different, I have read the term "Youko" refer to demon foxes. Don't see many Kitsune that freaky looking in anime, and this includes the liver eating, pure white, spoiler[pregnant] teenager in a certain other youkai anime.

The ED is catchy, kind of has the feeling that listening to it will make you feel cooler, kind of good since it is hot here, but I honestly had to skip a large portion both because it is late, and it will probably get stuck in my head. I noticed a similar sort of production values to what I saw in a bit of Fruits Basket on tv, mainly a lot of use of swirly eyes, and that one cleaning bit. Youkai are one way to get my attention so I might stick with it just for that. I liked the bit which had it all depressing, and then stating that it is a romantic comedy, reminded me of hayate.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
not sure about this one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Yes, it wasn't a dream, Nanami. IT WAS REAL.

But looks like another badass debuts this episode named Kurama. I like his attitude tbh and style. But I liked Tomoe's debut at school even better. What I didn't like is that cat ear hood on Nanami's head..it just looks hideous imo.

Anyways, amusing episode especially that ostrich Kurama.

Last edited by Stark700 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZombieBunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Youkai! Anime smile I like it so far- it's funny, and I really like the voices.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Yeah, I am really enjoying this show, I am not even being sarcastic, I am really getting laughs from this and enjoying it over all.

Classic bits include her waking up and expecting Tomoe is going to be angry, but he does not look like it, he hides it until revealing that he is seething in rage in basically made a slave. Nanami girls out at a spoiler[dark looking popstar at her school, Tomoe got some little revenge by making her wear a hideous headpiece, and though it is strange there is something wrong with that male classmate making fun of her.] The popstar turns out to be a jerk, and as a youkai fan I had already pinned him down as a spoiler[crow tengu], well mostly from watching Nurarihyon. Tomoe felt a little guilty for what happened, and tried to help a bit, unfortuantly it was not perfect in curing her lonliness.

My favorite bit for some reason has to be after she just ignored her familiar's spoiler[ugly hood, and karuma tried to pick up. I just love that she grabbed him by the shirt and told him that she hates him, leaving all his fans raging, putting hands up like that] just seemed hillarious for some reason. But that is followed closely by Tomoe spoiler[turning him into an ostrich and chasing him with the goal of turning him into Nanami's dinner, ruining Nanami's call of wishing she had a school life like characters in a book.]

And moe eyes are comedy gold comming from Tomoe.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

spoiler[Nanami was really surprised by Tomoe gesture.
On the other hand he was not happy to be a familiar again.
At least she managed to go to school to see that pop star guy.
Kurama sure was a jerk.
I was surprised at Tomoe's kind heart.
Looks like he has it in him... when he wants to.
Interesting how she managed to win over Kurama.
She'll probably start collecting other youkai too ^^]
rheiders

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
This series is really cute and funny so far^^ I love the two main characters- they play off each other really well. I like that a shoujo series finally seems to have found a somewhat healthy balance between a heroine who is normal but not weak-willed and a love interest who is humorously ill-tempered but not overtly threatening. Always nice to have a shoujo series where I don't have to worry about the MC getting jumped by the guy we're supposed to find attractive. T.T

Anyway, I think Kurama's going to be an entertaining addition as well xD That ostrich bit was inspired. I also like the J-rock music that starts playing whenever he shows up. For some reason that made me crack up every time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
Oh Tomeo, you're a boss even using a polymorph like tactic to your own liking. The very short date between Tomeo and Nanami with ice cream was sweet but the moe face of the priestess was sweeter.

Overall, a bittersweet episode.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

spoiler[Priestess of the lake visits.
Tomoe good intentions were not a smart choice this time.
He just got the opposite effect.
Nanami finding out about her true power.
Poor Tomoe didn't like that much LOL
I like Tomoe - Nanami relationship ^^
Kotarou - priestess matchmaking was a success.]

Seems like Nanami is doing a pretty good job so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9