• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit for Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
Without comparing, Fairy Tail has great action sequences, but a fairly malliable world that doesn't require a lot of continuity. So it drags in the story because anything can happen without much restriction.

I look forward to the action sequences, especially the one that just happened for those that have read the manga (racer) But if it's a continuous series, that means filler, so I'd have preferred to wait long. But again, since it's malliable, and the author has written slight filler adventures in his own story, it'll be a simple task. Hopefully, not obtusely though, as most of these characters don't read as "annoying"
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
Vapors wrote:
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Yeah Fairy Tail is getting an anime and it's being animated by two studios A-1 Pictures (Birdy the mighty, Kannagi, Ookiku Furikabutte, Valkryia) and Satellite (Macross Frontier) so I would expect pretty good animation.

Don't follow the animation studios that much, so thanks for providing examples. Given that so much material is written, I hope they can provide a good adaptation while balancing the need for filler. I am enjoying the english release of Fairy Tail thus far, so I hope to hear it licensed in NA eventually.

Generally speaking for popular weekly shonen series you generally get around Volume 7-9 to get anime series announced, the mangaka took a lot of offers before choosing a studio, and I think it has to do with the failure of Rave Master which didn't even get half the story finished before it ended, so I am thinking it's going to be a long series.

If it was only 26 episodes than the anime should have been made a long time ago.
AkikoKi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
Finally I've been hopeing they'd make this into an anime glade to see the exciting news now I'm hopeing the animators don't disappoint.

Quote:
the mangaka took a lot of offers before choosing a studio, and I think it has to do with the failure of Rave Master which didn't even get half the story finished before it ended, so I am thinking it's going to be a long series.

I'm glade the mangaka waited to find the right studio. Rave master was runined and it had such a good story line that was just never finished and even with what was done it just was not good. I caught it on Sci fi in english agian a few weeks ago and the lines are so cheesey and its so poorly done I couldn't even finish that ep before I got annoyed and turned it off.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote
Yuss Finally!! I love fairy tail!! It is amazing!!
madarc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
I just squealed like a little girl. I'm a 22 year old man.
Vapors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Yeah Fairy Tail is getting an anime and it's being animated by two studios A-1 Pictures (Birdy the mighty, Kannagi, Ookiku Furikabutte, Valkryia) and Satellite (Macross Frontier) so I would expect pretty good animation.

Don't follow the animation studios that much, so thanks for providing examples. Given that so much material is written, I hope they can provide a good adaptation while balancing the need for filler. I am enjoying the english release of Fairy Tail thus far, so I hope to hear it licensed in NA eventually.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
AkikoKi wrote:
Finally I've been hopeing they'd make this into an anime glade to see the exciting news now I'm hopeing the animators don't disappoint.

Quote:
the mangaka took a lot of offers before choosing a studio, and I think it has to do with the failure of Rave Master which didn't even get half the story finished before it ended, so I am thinking it's going to be a long series.

I'm glade the mangaka waited to find the right studio. Rave master was runined and it had such a good story line that was just never finished and even with what was done it just was not good. I caught it on Sci fi in english agian a few weeks ago and the lines are so cheesey and its so poorly done I couldn't even finish that ep before I got annoyed and turned it off.

Yeah, Fairy Tail has always struck me as more 'adult' than One Piece or Rave Master, whereas the latter two seem a bit more childish and cheesy (I haven't read the manga versions of either two, though). I think Mashima is even quoted as saying he loves drawing Lucy in fanservicey shots.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
While I understand where all of this excitement is coming from, I'm personally not. And not because I haven't read the manga.

My reasoning is because, I took a quick glance at this (and read about it in the encyclopedia), and suddenly I got visions of this becoming the next Naruto (Especially if it will be dubbed over here). Meaning I can see this generating a lot of 'dumb' fans that anime series like Naruto attracts, the kind of thing that you would make fun of later in life.

Why yes, I am rather negative. But I have a right to state my opinion.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
I think Mashima is even quoted as saying he loves drawing Lucy in fanservicey shots.
I love that he loves to draw fanservicey shots of Lucy.The more the better.

Question,how's the series? I've gotten to read the first three volumes and it seemed decent.I've been waiting for the anime to come along.Now that it's been mentioned,I kind of want to go read up to where the manga currently is.Does it stay decent? Go spoil happy I want to know.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote
The Goron Marshall wrote:
While I understand where all of this excitement is coming from, I'm personally not. And not because I haven't read the manga.

My reasoning is because, I took a quick glance at this (and read about it in the encyclopedia), and suddenly I got visions of this becoming the next Naruto (Especially if it will be dubbed over here). Meaning I can see this generating a lot of 'dumb' fans that anime series like Naruto attracts, the kind of thing that you would make fun of later in life.

How the hell is that a bad thing?

I would love to see my favorite anime be as popular as Naruto. Why? because it will make money and more of it can be made. We will get video games, action figures, all kinds of things to make us buy.

That's a great thing.

Did you join the anime community to watch anime or to say your better than everyone else because you like something niche.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
JairStout wrote:
I think Mashima is even quoted as saying he loves drawing Lucy in fanservicey shots.
I love that he loves to draw fanservicey shots of Lucy.The more the better.

Question,how's the series? I've gotten to read the first three volumes and it seemed decent.I've been waiting for the anime to come along.Now that it's been mentioned,I kind of want to go read up to where the manga currently is.Does it stay decent? Go spoil happy I want to know.

Well, I've only been following its release by Del Ray and I've purchased up to six I think. So I'm not really that much farther into the series than you are (but so far it's been great). Maybe someone farther along than both of us can answer, lol.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote

That's certainly some retarded reasoning, but you're welcome to it I suppose. I'd like anime overall to be more successful. Naruto, Fairy Tail, niche genres, all of it. But that's just me.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Look from a shonen series standpoint it's not a bad series, its just not terribly well written, I think Luffy might have just gotten his first character development since chapter 1. Also as I said before the Heel Face Turns in Fairy Tail make a hell of a lot more sense than One Piece where apparently just getting pummeled by Luffy turns you into a good guy.
...What in the hell version of One Piece have you watched/read?

Luffy's only actually fought one member of the crew prior to their joining, and that person didn't "turn into a good guy" because he fought Luffy at all. And he was only even a "bad guy" for like 5 episodes in the first place (ok, it was technically more like 10, but he wasn't in like half of them at all because other things were happening).

I can only think of three other significant heel-face turns in the entire 12 year series (well, through the end of Thriller Bark, at least, not touching anything from Sabaody and beyond), all of which are from just one story arc. One was only a "villain" for a couple of episodes (and didn't fight Luffy), one was a villain but was clearly somewhat sympathetic and not entirely villainous towards the Straw Hats right from her very introduction (and she didn't fight Luffy and ended up joining the crew), and one also got along very well with the Straw Hats before he realized he has orders to fight them (who also did not fight Luffy).

The only other one that I can think of that would be even close to this is Wiper in the Skypiea saga, but he was never really either heel or face, just a third party.

And I'm not even going to touch the character development comment, since Luffy's growth as a captain over the course of the series has been pretty obvious and pronounced but has mostly been a slow burn, with the exception of a few major moments. Apparently you seem to only recognize "character development" if they actually come out and say "THIS CHARACTER IS GOING TO HAVE A MAJOR SHOWCASE MOMENT THAT WILL FORCE THEM TO GROW NOW" as loudly and obviously as possible. That doesn't speak for the quality of the writing. That speaks to your sophistication level as a reader.

Soooo....yeah. We seem to be talking about very different One Pieces.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

How the hell is that a bad thing?

I would love to see my favorite anime be as popular as Naruto. Why? because it will make money and more of it can be made. We will get video games, action figures, all kinds of things to make us buy.

That's a great thing.

Did you join the anime community to watch anime or to say your better than everyone else because you like something niche.

He just joined to troll, and then pretend he has the right to do it as if the internet is some kind of democracy.

I'm quite excited to see this get an anime. I was more surprised that it took this long since from the first volume of the manga I could easily have imagined it in anime form. Of course, in my head Lucy sounds like Nami (since at first glace the look of the characters felt very similar to One Piece) but I'll certainly be interested to see how it pans out.
Jacut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:03 am Reply with quote
Too bad, I wanted this title to disappear without ever being ported on screen, but well... I knew it was impossible. The fact that A-1 is doing this is an awesome news though, but Satelight has done mostly horrible series lately (Basquash!, Kiss Dum, Frontier, Aquarion, BALDR...). Well, let's hope that A-1 is more involved in the project than the other studio Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6