• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Soul Eater Cast Announcement

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Very interesting cast line up. Hopefully the next announcment will be soul eater heading to AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be quite good.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Hopefully the next announcment will be soul eater heading to AS.
Lord I hope not.

There's a laundry list of shows that would be great pick ups for them that need to be gone through well before they get to the C-Tier Shounen du Jour.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Vic Mignogna

And there goes any chance of it being a quality dub. Well, at least he's not the main role.

I don't think I've ever heard of the other VAs they mentioned. I had to look to see what they had done. That's usually a very good or very bad sign. For something like Ocean's Death Note dub, using lesser known VAs worked out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quote
penguintruth, any who has been on this forum for more than an hour knows you don't like Vic, so can you please stop saying things like that every time his name is mentioned? Please? Very Happy

Why do dub casts have to be so secretive sometimes? Why can't they tell us as soon as they have the cast lined up or tell us all at once. Every Tueseday? Really? I mean, I don't think people knowing the dub cast is going to affect sales, so why not tell us everyone. /rant

I am really curious to hear Haberkorn as Kid. I wonder if he can make his voice sound deeper or if he's just gonna make Kid his own character. I hope they can post a few episodes soon so we can hear the voices. The first three episodes would be perfect for previewing the dub because they're introduction episodes anyways (so why not use them to introduce the dub?). I just really want to know who they got for Black Star.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeDoll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I've been waiting for news on it's cast and release (early 2010, just in time for my birthday)

Oh, and I love Vic Razz
Altorrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Quote:
Vic Mignogna

And there goes any chance of it being a quality dub. Well, at least he's not the main role.

Yeah, yeah, you hate Vic, we get it. Could you show some restraint whenever you see these things? As in, not compulsively posting some rant about Vic whenever he's casted in something or even mentioned in passing? I'm actually starting to associate Vic Mignogna with the name penguintruth. Sure, even I think Vic Mignogna's a little overrated (all his voices sound very similar. When I watch Ouran, I hear Edward Elric trying to sound like a rich person. When I watch Full Metal Panic, I hear Edward Elric trying to sound grown. When I watch D. N. Angel, I hear Edward Elric trying to sound sexy. His emotions are good, but he needs to try to change his voice more!) but I don't go everywhere posting this. Dude, I have better things to do than go around hating some guy I don't know.

Quote:
I don't think I've ever heard of the other VAs they mentioned. I had to look to see what they had done. That's usually a very good or very bad sign. For something like Ocean's Death Note dub, using lesser known VAs worked out.

I was a little upset because I don't watch many anime, so I doubt I'd have watched anything they were in. I know that Haberkorn-Habekorn-something guy because I watched xxxHolic for about 5 seconds. That's it.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote
penguintruth, get over your dislike of Vic Mignoga already and deal with it, you don't have to watch the dub you don't have to. I wish you would just shut up. I for one am happy that Vic is in it. I like him. He says about voice acting that it's not about changing your voice it's about portraying a character.
EdoRocksMySocks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
They just announced Chuck Huber as Stein.

I like that choice as well as the others. Very Happy *love to Todd and Vic*

EDIT:

Brittany Karbowski as Black Star
Monica Rial as Tsubaki

I don't know Brittany, but I know Monica will be awesome. ;D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1