• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsu no Arashi! Anime Gets 2nd Season Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote
Nice. I've really been liking the first season.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Although not Shaft's best work, more Shaft stuff is usually welcomed, especially since the first season felt really odd with the lack of a solid direction.
Jacut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Although not Shaft's best work, more Shaft stuff is usually welcomed, especially since the first season felt really odd with the lack of a solid direction.

For me it is though (if you except REC maybe). Great news, really, that the most underrated anime of the year gets a second season. I'm pretty pleased by it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote
I really wish studios would stop doing this "let's break up the show but pretend for now it's a short one" stuff that they've been doing. Can't just just announce that it will be two seasons split apart, or are they really waiting for the ratings to come in before they decide to continue?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I really wish studios would stop doing this "let's break up the show but pretend for now it's a short one" stuff that they've been doing. Can't just just announce that it will be two seasons split apart, or are they really waiting for the ratings to come in before they decide to continue?

Its more than likely ratings. If a show doesn't sell well or isn't popular enough, either they fix it or cancel it.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I was actually disappointed to see this announcement. I'd rather have a second season of, say, Maria Holic. Or an adaptation of the Mahorafest arc of Negima.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I've seen up to episode ten and have been really impressed by the nice balance of humor and drama. Though more Maria-holic would be great too, but don't blame Natsu for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
Whoops, I forgot that I was watching this series. I think I paused at episode 8 or 9.

I need to get back over to Crunchyroll.com and finish this one, before I forget about it again. Glad to hear that it's getting a second season. It's really an interesting show.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Very excited about the new season announcement, it's been a fun and clever show from start to finish and I wouldn't have been satisfied with an unexplainable ending like episode 13. Laughing Episode 12 was a good spot to end, but it did feel like there was a lot left to tell.

I do agree that these 12-13 episode chunks at a time are a bit on the annoying side. That the American way to do it and it's always annoyed me, now I'm a bit saddened that Japan is adopting the approach and we starting to see more broken up seasons and fewer sprawling 26 episode sweeps.

Still waiting for a second season of Kannagi to be announced.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Question is, will CrunchyRoll stream it or will us otaku resort to fansubs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1