• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses The Sacred Blacksmith Fantasy Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glitchhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Not interested in the slightest in this or the other two that were just announced *sigh*
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Kanokon, Familiar of Zero and The Sacred Blacksmith all announced in one day? Shocked Could today possably get any better?! Anime hyper
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:
Kanokon, Familiar of Zero and The Sacred Blacksmith all announced in one day? Shocked Could today possably get any better?! Anime hyper

Yes, VIZ could announce MAGI!

But in all seriousness, as a nut for fantasy series, i'll probably give this manga a shot, maybe..dunno. defiantly get Familiar of Zero. No interested in the fox girl manga though .
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

They could've announced the ZnT light novels.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Finally, The Sacred Blacksmith was license-rescued by SSE. Smile

Maybe same thing could happen to other manga left in limbo by TokyoPop.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't keep interested in the anime, but I would give the light novels a try. The manga? I won't bother.
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
yes!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Cool I was going to get this before TP went under now if they can only get Maid-sama
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested... The anime felt like it should've had more, and looks like the manga isn't even done yet.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

They could've announced the ZnT light novels.

Unfortunately Adam Arnold has said that Seven Seas will not be publishing any more light novels. I guess that there is some hope that he will change his mind in the future, but I doubt it.

I will be getting at least the first volume of all three of those manga. I really enjoyed the anime for all of them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Zero LNs would have been infinitely better than the anime, especially that ending.

But whats the deal, I thought Seven Seas licensed basically taboo type works, like BL and stuff like Kodomo no Jikan. These are three fairly normal licenses imo.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas is a business. I assume they will license anything that they feel they can make a profit on. If one line doesn't work try something else.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Zero LNs would have been infinitely better than the anime, especially that ending.

But whats the deal, I thought Seven Seas licensed basically taboo type works, like BL and stuff like Kodomo no Jikan. These are three fairly normal licenses imo.

If you looked, you'd see that while Seven Seas did initially license Kodomo no Jikan, they quickly backtracked when they looked deeper into what the material contained. I'm not saying I agree with their decision, but I certainly understand it, seeing as people are hellbent on protecting fictional children. Also, what BL? Have you ever bought a Seven Seas title? If anything they're more known for bringing out yuri titles. And even then, not too many of those because as Alan45 said, they're out to make money, and for the most part yuri titles aren't big sellers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1