• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Madoka Magica Film's 1st Day Sold Out at Tokyo Theater

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Whelp. I lost my ticket for the Kyoto showing and I'm going tonight to try and buy another one. I really hope I'm still safe...
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
Wonder what the ratio is between people that have already seen most/all the series before and those that might be seeing it for the first time.... wasn't one of the goals with these recap films, aside from just MOAR MONEH and keeping franchise awareness & relevance up, to reach an audience that didn't catch its tv run?

Think you were able to gauge or get a general idea of how many fans-versus-non-fans there were when you saw the first movie this past weekend, Juno?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:25 am Reply with quote
Wow the second one is out already? Awesome. I'm starting to get the feeling that Madoka Magica is more of along the lines of magic and science. I mean think about it. I'm looking at the pic and I see something that looks like an alien space craft. And considering Kyuubei's origin hopefully they will cover that since his intellect is more along the lines of higher beings that visit systems to collect vasts amounts of energy before moving on. I have to admit it's an interesting premise. I'm suddenly reminded of Masamune Shirow's 'Orion' which is perfect example of psycho-science, or Black Magic (not M-66, the manga, which is a early prototype for Appleseed). If I'm wrong please direct me to some analysis on the subject that breaks down the series as a whole. Laughing

But looking forward to seeing it once released. Very Happy
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
I'd assume rather than reach a new audience, these screenings are packed full of fans who bought the DVD/BD's that made this series such a hit in the first place.
That is no bad thing, but if you wanted to reach a wider audience, this would be shown in ALOT more cinemas than the limited release these movies are having.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
So how many theaters in Ikebukuro are actually showing it? If it's only this one, then shouldn't it be expected to sell out?

From what I can see, there's 8 theaters in Ikebukuro.

http://metropolis.co.jp/movies/cinemas/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1