• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Sengoku Basara TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humbug23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll keep the Devil Kings localization. Very Happy
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice news.

But damn it... When the hell is Funimation going to announce whether or not they're going to dub the second season of Hell Girl?
joystick1101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Sengoku Basara..? really now..? there are many anime tat are waaaay better than that. like waaaaaaaaay...! better. like Production IG's other show this last spring Eden of the East 10x better than Sengoku Basara. This is almost more disappointing than Funi getting Linebarrels of Iron and Strike Witches.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
omg i am so eager for the dragon ball box sets i dont usually buy anime but the only anime i ever intend to buy are db/z/gt (i own dbz and dbgt remastered box sets Very Happy) guess db wiki site was right about it being released in septemeber as some of us were told we will see db box sets in 2010 but wow! cant wait!
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Interesting on the Sengoku Bassara pick-up but there might be smallish Gorilla in the license known as Devil Kings.... a video game anime series where every thing was changed in it when it came out over here and no sequels. So anyone familiar with Devil Kings (They would know by looking at the packaging) might be confused by the differences (or not). So maybe a compromise (or not) but definetely a concern.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
{Dose of reality in a fictional anime world}

Digital distribution is still a pipe dream. DVD and Blu-ray is still the main market, and int the meanwhile they need to figure out how to get people to pay for something intangible that most won't watch more than once or twice, when a free alternative already exists.
Thanks for that post. Although most won't give a fudge though.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
J. Kudo wrote:
Nice news.

But damn it... When the hell is Funimation going to announce whether or not they're going to dub the second season of Hell Girl?

I have been waiting for any news on this as well.

I am glad Dragon Ball is finally being released.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Funimation wrote:
Funimation will ship Slayers Revolution in early 2010.
I'm a sub only otaku,but whatever gets slayers over here is fine with me.Thank the gods.Finally.Kompai 2010!
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
Nice. First World Destruction, and now Sengoku Basara. What's next? Hopefully Eden of the East.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
What the....? Sengoku Basara? Why did they license a show made from buckets of cheese when they could have gotten something truly stellar like Michiko to Hatchin, Eden of the East, Natsume's Book of Friends... wait, I don't even know why I'm listing. There's a truck load of brilliant titles out there waiting to be licensed. Not to mention the already massive backlog of anime with second or more seasons that haven't been brought over yet. I'm disappointed.

Sorry to crap on Basara (it's not horrible or anything), but I'm only doing so by way of comparison.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
I approve of this! I have heard Sengoku Basara is like Gurren Lagann with swords and samurai, so I think it could be kinda fun! Maybe they're saving Eden of the East for Otakon? Or maybe Bandai will steal their thunder?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
What the....? Sengoku Basara? Why did they license a show made from buckets of cheese when they could have gotten something truly stellar like Michiko to Hatchin, Eden of the East, Natsume's Book of Friends... wait, I don't even know why I'm listing. There's a truck load of brilliant titles out there waiting to be licensed. Not to mention the already massive backlog of anime with second or more seasons that haven't been brought over yet. I'm disappointed.

Sorry to crap on Basara (it's not horrible or anything), but I'm only doing so by way of comparison.

Brilliant doesn't always sell

Anime needs to be released based off of what is most likely to sell, and Sengoku Basara has a lot going for it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Glad to see FUNi's keeping the Slayers dub cast as it's been all these years! Smile

Kids, accept no substitutes!

Ture enough though i'm susprised that miss taylor was recasted cause i've only seen her do voice work for 4kids hackjob series.Sane with Dan Green cause the last time they done these tyoe of series (which wasnt a kids show & from 4kids) was Samuari Deeper Kyo and Decendant of Darkness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote
MJP wrote:
I can't believe it took this long.

ARE YOU READY GUYS?!

PUT YA GUNS ON!

haha. what an opener Smile
melonbread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:06 am Reply with quote
More Production I.G, awesomeness.

Eden of the East, Ghost Hound, Real Drive, etc etc now please =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4