• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima's New Original Anime DVD Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Saw the ad and I have to say, the gate port and Fate and his gang look great compared to the two episodes he was in for the first anime.

Also the change in voice cast is going to be interesting as Fate and any one else that never showed up past the first anime is getting new voices Wink
dago2682

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
This looks like it´s going to be awesome,I can´t wait to watch it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Saw the ad and I have to say, the gate port and Fate and his gang look great compared to the two episodes he was in for the first anime.

Also the change in voice cast is going to be interesting as Fate and any one else that never showed up past the first anime is getting new voices Wink

I wonder if they'll do that for the english voices when funi eventualy license it??? That's goinna be the $64 dollar question for a lot of the negima dub fans like myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
I wonder if they'll do that for the english voices when funi eventualy license it??? That's goinna be the $64 dollar question for a lot of the negima dub fans like myself.

Don't hold your breath.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.

Funimation most likely will not get the rights to the OVAs

I love the dub, but the fact is there track record on dubbing story heavy Negima stuff is pretty bad

If they do get the rights, there most likely going to wait till Another World is finished and put White Wing and it, in one set and sell it for $40 or something.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
[quote="ninjapet"][quote="Hon'ya-chan"]
jr0904 wrote:
If they do get the rights, there most likely going to wait till Another World is finished and put White Wing and it, in one set and sell it for $40 or something.

I really hope they do that actually, since it would save money in the long run as you wouldn't have to buy two separate series at a time and since both OVA series are basically set in a chronological order parallel to the manga it makes sense to bulk them together.

I just back into reading the Negima manga after a long hiatus during the school festival and have just started to reach this part of the manga. I look forward to seeing it animated. Smile
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Well in total there's going to be 7 OVA eps

Seeing as they charge like $15 for the Spring and Summer OVAs they could charge like $40-$50 and still make money off of just putting it on one or two disks with a ep of commentary or some outtakes

I really don't think there getting the rights, even if they wanted to, I don't think Negima makes Funimation as much money as they want and getting the rights to the new OVA sets would be a lot of work because of the way there being marketed as and being sold as. They would run in to the problem on how it would be handled.

Would it be sold as a set on a disk with out the manga. Would it be sold with the manga volumes in the states. It all comes down to most of the people who watch the Negima animes have not read up to point in the manga where the OVAs take place. Leaving a lot of guess work if your just going off the first anime
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.

Didn't mean it like that. I like the dub cast though my real question was fate cause i kinda doubt they'll keep the same VA for the first series since the Japanese version changed theirs. Now to mentioned who's gonna end up playing as Anya. That's gonna be the real $64 dollar question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quote
When will the OADs be released to DVDs in the U.S.?!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
When will the OADs be released to DVDs in the U.S.?!

If i had to guess it'll be around in 2010 i guess.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.

Didn't mean it like that. I like the dub cast though my real question was fate cause i kinda doubt they'll keep the same VA for the first series since the Japanese version changed theirs. Now to mentioned who's gonna end up playing as Anya. That's gonna be the real $64 dollar question.

I don't see why they would change the American VA simply because the Japanese version changed theirs. That doesn't really happen with most series.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I know however they may do that in order to avoid fans calling out bloody murder on these OAV remakes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I love you, SHAFT. If only you could animate the Mahorafest arc. Or Cinema Town.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
I love you, SHAFT. If only you could animate the Mahorafest arc. Or Cinema Town.

I second that motion though it'll be quite a long while before that ever happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1