• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
I didn't see any VN fans complain about it being too word for word. You're either going to have to quote or take back what you said. Practically all the people I know who have played the VN only had qualms with the art/animation for the first episode of LB. There'd be no point complaining about anything else since it was like nearly a direct copy/paste of the start of the VN. However with the second episode this is no longer true and JC Staff is already separating the anime from its source in at least some minor way.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Wait, so first VN fans complain about it being too word for word, and now complain that they change too much.

Wait, who are the fans who complain about it being too word for word? I think most of the people would agree if they want to make it as exact as possible to the original source.
For episode 2, there were a lot of changes, but it doesn't bother me very much. Well, some changes make me worried about how they plan to continue this....

spoiler[And, I heard a rumor that they are going to enter Komari's route on episode 4.
They're not even done with introducing the whole characters. Kurugaya and Haruka will appear in ep 3, but what about Nishizono and Kud?]
Honestly, isn't the pace too fast for the show? Hopefully they can arrange the scenario well and stay faithful to the VN.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Personally I don't like a word for word addaption, to me that shows that there is little creativity in trying to addapt it to a different medium. And for what I said before, I was going off the second person to post in this topic who said he did not even need subtitles to follow as it was so similar.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote
Not so much a complaint as an observation.

shiranehito wrote:

What's bothering me:
spoiler[When will they call Masato "Waste" / kuzu?]
And, the part when Riki somehow got all the spoiler[flashback CGs ] does make me worried for the whole story and route. I don't know what is JC planning to do with it, but let's keep our faith on them.

The first mission on Lennon's tail, also changed from the original.
spoiler[Weren't they supposed to clean a tree from caterpillars and such?] Why were they osoujing some random storage?
The part where Komari joined the team was also changed.

WARNING: VN SPOILERS BELOW

Isn't that one of the latter missions? I thought the first one in the VN instructed them to deal with the boys bathroom's cleanliness issues. Really, what the did wasn't all that much different, and I imagine that it was done that way to give Komari more screen time in the episode that they alloted for her introduction.

As for the flashback, what I am thinking with that is that they are trying to imply that spoiler[Rin1 and the character routes have already occurred, and that the story is starting from Rin2] in an attempt to get the whole story into the episode limit (which according to some sources is meant to be 26. I doubt they can do it in 13).

Of course, if this is true then they are already screwing it up with spoiler[Rin's behavior] because if they really are starting from were they're starting from then spoiler[she should be less shy and disinclined to communicate with Komari]. If they are starting from there, then I'm not sure they'll be able to communicate spoiler[Riki and Rin's growth at the end] very effectively.

Of course, there's one major hole in this theory, and that's the fact that spoiler[ several of the visions seem to contain events that don't happen until midway through Rin2 or in Refrain].]
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 am Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:

As for the flashback, what I am thinking with that is that they are trying to imply that spoiler[Rin1 and the character routes have already occurred, and that the story is starting from Rin2] in an attempt to get the whole story into the episode limit (which according to some sources is meant to be 26. I doubt they can do it in 13).

In that case, then will the character routes be shown as flashback episodes as well? If else, why would you bother to repeat the story you have already cleared?

Or perhaps, it is just my opinion, spoiler[perhaps Riki has already entered some of the character routes, but not yet done clearing them (so he had to redo it again), because the flashback showed much less the devastating scenes only. And, I think I didn't see Nishizono and Kud in the flashback, because Riki has not yet entered their routes.]

Hurr now I can hardly wait for the next episode
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:04 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Ringking wrote:

In that case, then will the character routes be shown as flashback episodes as well? If else, why would you bother to repeat the story you have already cleared?

Or perhaps, it is just my opinion, spoiler[perhaps Riki has already entered some of the character routes, but not yet done clearing them (so he had to redo it again), because the flashback showed much less the devastating scenes only. And, I think I didn't see Nishizono and Kud in the flashback, because Riki has not yet entered their routes.]

Hurr now I can hardly wait for the next episode

Nishizono and Kud were in there. Nishizono's in the spoiler[9th image showing her on the beach], and Kud's in the spoiler[13th, showing the body painting ritual].
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
Nishizono and Kud were in there. Nishizono's in the spoiler[9th image showing her on the beach], and Kud's in the spoiler[13th, showing the body painting ritual].

My bad, I have bad eyes. I think it's exactly the CGs from the VN op
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
I didn't get them all the first time either, i've been through that scene in slow motion about 10 times now. Anyways, just had a look and compared it to the OP of ,and the CG's from, the VN and while its true that many of the images are game GC's that occur in the VN, there are a few in there that are original to the anime (6/19).
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
Naoe pulling out stuck Kamikita was LOL
Relaxing on the school rooftop was nice.
Kyousuke really is full of all kinds of ideas.
From baseball club to forming a band.
Masato vs Kengo. Those two are always in some kind of conflict.
Oh, so fun school days...
Komari joining their baseball club... *sigh* she's hopeless.
underlock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You shut your mouth! Komari is a blessing of the universe!

Laughing

In all seriousness she's just too adorable. Couldn't help but grin during every scene she's in.

You're the first person to take it lightly. I'll behave when talking about her. Laughing

I like the anime though. Still have plenty of characters even if there's a couple I dislike. Perhaps in time I'll be able to stand her more.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
Well I will admit that her voice is a bit annoying. She sounds very much like a voice actress whose only roles are in visual novels.

As for the changes, perhaps it's because I haven't read the VN but it's no big deal. That's the nature of adaptation, they're going to tweak some things to make it its own unique experience. If you want something that's word for word from the VN... Just go read the VN.

As for the flashes, it could just simply be that they want to give the audience a taste of what's to come, showing us that there is indeed more at work here than a simple romantic comedy.
Skullface

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

As for the changes, perhaps it's because I haven't read the VN but it's no big deal. That's the nature of adaptation, they're going to tweak some things to make it its own unique experience. If you want something that's word for word from the VN... Just go read the VN.

As for the flashes, it could just simply be that they want to give the audience a taste of what's to come, showing us that there is indeed more at work here than a simple romantic comedy.

I read the VN like almost a year ago so the material for the beginning eps aren't the freshest in my mind. But I think its going really well so far and only random comedy stuff has been taken out(which is nice but the VN is VERY long so its reasonable that they had to take some out).

Also ya I figured the flashes would bespoiler[either he went through those routes and it will be flash back eps ORRR he went through the route and had bad ends on them and now he's going for good ends (they could include the bad ends as flashes in the good end to push Riki to help or something).] But at this point its just speculating so I wouldn't freak out much over it.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

@ opn
Wait, 11? Are you saying it is sadder than Ushio stuff? That basically put me into a depression?

Yep spoiler[well its not particularly the ending but in the final route refrain theres something even sadder then ushio but who knows if jc can keep that level of emotion from that scene since a lot of things attributed too making it sad. AKA voice acting,imagery and the music all helped make the scene heartbreakingly sad.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Why are any potential failures being attributed to the animation studio? They just do the drawings, it's the writers and directors that need to worry about that other stuff.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Why are any potential failures being attributed to the animation studio? They just do the drawings, it's the writers and directors that need to worry about that other stuff.

Writers and directors tend to belong to specific studios, unless they're big enough to roam around. Also, studios can have a certain common style or drive that's present in their works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 32