• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ONIAI (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Sengura wrote:

What the hell? I've watched over 200 anime series and I don't think I've ever physically face palmed myself after watching a scene, but it happened today, from watching this.

You've got to go expose yourself to more anime! You'll accept this stuff in no time.

Sengura wrote:
Just out of no where, a cute little shy girl storms into her brothers bedroom pissed off that he didn't peak on her and later wants to have sex with him. What the hell?

Have you seen Yosuga no Sora? Laughing

Sengura wrote:
Didn't bother watching the second half, please tell me that the entire first half of the first episode was just a dream sequence someone was having, and they're going to wake up from it and shoot themselves in the head for having dreamt it. That would be the only way to save this heaping pile of flaming shit.

It was my little dream sequence. I woke up in a state of panic because my heart was beating really fast almost as if I was suffering from a heart attack. I was glad to be awake, though -- any longer of the dream and I would had probably passed away from so many heart attacks in that episode. Now, don't you go off insulting my dreams of little sisters wanting to seduce me! Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
@ Sengura

Well the first half of that episode had just the sister with her brother, after that it is shown that there is in fact 3 other girls, all three stand a better chance, and I found them kind of fun. It is all meant to be in good fun anyway.

And as EmbraceMe said, Yosuga no Sora, low level incest does not really effect you much after that.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
I highly doubt that Akito will succumb to Akiko's advances. then there is the student council harem. No doubt they will cockblock Akiko every time she tries to seduce Akito
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I highly doubt that Akito will succumb to Akiko's advances. then there is the student council harem. No doubt they will cockblock Akiko every time she tries to seduce Akito

They're all gonna cockblock each other, but I'll be rooting for the student president.
Sengura

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Sengura wrote:

What the hell? I've watched over 200 anime series and I don't think I've ever physically face palmed myself after watching a scene, but it happened today, from watching this.

You've got to go expose yourself to more anime! You'll accept this stuff in no time.

Sengura wrote:
Just out of no where, a cute little shy girl storms into her brothers bedroom pissed off that he didn't peak on her and later wants to have sex with him. What the hell?

Have you seen Yosuga no Sora? Laughing

Sengura wrote:
Didn't bother watching the second half, please tell me that the entire first half of the first episode was just a dream sequence someone was having, and they're going to wake up from it and shoot themselves in the head for having dreamt it. That would be the only way to save this heaping pile of flaming shit.

It was my little dream sequence. I woke up in a state of panic because my heart was beating really fast almost as if I was suffering from a heart attack. I was glad to be awake, though -- any longer of the dream and I would had probably passed away from so many heart attacks in that episode. Now, don't you go off insulting my dreams of little sisters wanting to seduce me! Sad

I'm not into the incest anime, especially since I do have a little sister and I'd sooner shoot my dick off than fantasize about her coming on to me.

On a positive note, I am enjoying this season's anime. Magi, Zetsuen no Tempest, BTOOM!, Ixion Saga DT, Code Breaker, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes are all pretty awesome. As well as the on going oldies like Naruto, SAO, HXH. They're gonna keep me plenty busy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
Sengura wrote:
I'm not into the incest anime, especially since I do have a little sister and I'd sooner shoot my dick off than fantasize about her coming on to me.
And so do I, I would never want something like that happen to me, but at least you can laugh at the guy for having it happen to him. And as Kirino would say, there is importance between reality and fiction.

I forgot to say this earlier, but the sister in this kind of reminds me of a girl in Hatsukoi Limited in terms of out of control Bro-con.
Sengura

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Sengura wrote:
And so do I, I would never want something like that happen to me, but at least you can laugh at the guy for having it happen to him. And as Kirino would say, there is importance between reality and fiction.

I forgot to say this earlier, but the sister in this kind of reminds me of a girl in Hatsukoi Limited in terms of out of control Bro-con.

I don't mind incest if it's done tastefully like with Koi Kaze, but this one was just stupid. It makes no sense why a person would behave like that and they didn't even go to the trouble of trying to rationalize it, they just threw her in "Oh, by the way, she wants your dick, obsessively now. Deal with it."

I never really was a fan of the 'instant girlfriend' type anime because I like have some kind of explanation, some reasoning behind their irrational behavior.

This anime not only crossed the line, it went back and took a big dump on it.

If you like this sort of thing, then OK, I'm not here to judge, but I don't and I won't be adding this one to my watch list.

To each his own.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

I am still loving Akiko's guhehe laugh. Her facial expressions were hilarious when spoiler[ Ana was "confessing" her love to Akito and when Ana made Akiko grope her breast.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

A very Anastasia centered episode, I would not complain about that, she is fun. The series seems to have a floating timeline as I imagined some of this was meant to be first meetings between the two, at least that is what her Myanimelist page seems to imply. We kind of found out why she likes him, and she spoiler[already confessed to him, unfortuantly she played it out as a joke when he started trying to confirm it], and Akiko was totally freaking out. I think did not know how to react, which was hillarious.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
After the third episode, this show is a bit closer to the likes of SYD than a typical harem. The girls don't need actual motivations to like the guy in this sense, it's done for the sake of getting some humor through. I cannot actually see any kind of real drama or romance happen unless the tone changes entirely.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else getting strong satire vibes? I know it's probably not, but I just feel like the show is laughing at itself, and I find it much more enjoyable when I view it through that lens. Everything is just so overdone it's funny. Imouto doesn't just have a brocon, she has an extreme brocon and goes so far as to flaunt it. The other girls want to jump his bones, and they make no bones about it; there's no tiptoeing around it. Then there's the OP which is just...awesome.

I don't want to say it's better than what I thought it'd be since I try to go into every show expecting good things (or else I wouldn't watch it), but I didn't think it'd be a legitimately funny show. Only reason I gave it a look is because of Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, who did the composition and scripts for Ben-to.

Also the scene from this episode where Imouto just started screaming had me in stitches. Like, the fact that she wasn't screaming words and was instead just screaming was hilarious to me. That's a gag that gets me every time.

@walw6pK4Alo
What's SYD?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Is anyone else getting strong satire vibes? I know it's probably not, but I just feel like the show is laughing at itself, and I find it much more enjoyable when I view it through that lens. Everything is just so overdone it's funny. Imouto doesn't just have a brocon, she has an extreme brocon and goes so far as to flaunt it. The other girls want to jump his bones, and they make no bones about it; there's no tiptoeing around it. Then there's the OP which is just...awesome.
I think the genre itself has sort of imploded so that there's sometimes no real difference between satire and not-satire. The genre tropes themselves are so over-the-top that it's tough to make that distinction between parody and playing it straight.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

@walw6pK4Alo
What's SYD?

Seitokai Yakuindomo
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Do you think the fact that I've never seen one of these siscon shows is affecting my perspective? I usually don't watch them because they sound boring, and this one did too, but this one also just happened to have a writer I liked. I just feel like even though I've never watched a siscon show that this one would set itself apart by being so extreme, but apparently this one is fairly par for the course.

I guess I'm the newbie fan that watches Freezing and thinks it's so "extreme" and makes fun of itself because the clothes explode and some of the girls are over-the-top bitches.

@getchman
I thought that was it, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Only reason I gave it a look is because of Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, who did the composition and scripts for Ben-to.
Oh Ben-to, that explains some of this show. We know that Ben-to had light parody aspects, so I would probably say it has a similar aspect to itself.

I watch a number of siscon anime, it is not to do with any fetishes, don't think that of me. I am reminded kind of by Onii-chan no Koto, although this show does everything better than that show, better animation, more likeable male lead, funnier characters. I think both shows even used the same gag of the sister wanting the brother to peek. But that show did throw in the not really blood related thing to try and make it okay, but still very much a brocon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5