• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ONIAI (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

So we get an end to spoiler[Ana's story, and Ana learns from Akiko that there were multiple ways she could have solved her pantiless situation. A sort of rich girl was stupid moment]. The show then tries to throw the entire ghost hunt spoiler[as being some lame thing with it being cats eyes, so cliche, though then subverts it in them all nervously laughing in front of ghost fires. So the girls all end up in his room, because ghosts are scary and the] SPR do not do sudden night calls.

So then the show goes "screw it" after the OP and have spoiler[Arisa end up naked under his blanket in the morning, and the other girls then starting bareing themselves to to Akito. Although it seems to stop when they realize Ana's situation], you know what, I will be pervy and say I had a mild healthy interest in this, although we did not see much. Perhaps in the BD. We have Akiko being herself, she really has not changed, and we have seen it enough to it be boring.

And the finally get a last bit of information spoiler[that we learn Akito and Akiko are not blood related, he keeps the illusion so she would look up to him and not try to be more aggressive]. They seem to want another season, but it feels like they wasted too much this time around with backstory that it never really moved forward.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
I ended up giving this a Good rating because of the way it screwed with harem dynamics and the fact that everybody but Akiko has a fairly good reason to be chasing after Akito(and I can let her slide).

That said, my perspective's partly based on a pet theory I came up with around the time Arisa showed up: spoiler[Ana's gay]. I initially came up with this spoiler[because she treated Akito more like a comedy partner/victim than a love interest while her loins were definitely moistened by Genbei and Alisa] and it felt firmly cemented when spoiler[we find out her interest in him's merely an extension of her interest in Akiko just before she kissed her].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I believe I'll give this a decent rating. it was amusing, but not really interesting. most of the story felt really random and all Akito ever seemed to do was be the straight man to everyone in the dorm. Sankaku Complex reports the blu-rays are uncensored, so i may watch it again should funimation get the full license for the show. I doubt I will be buying it though
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I hope they do just to see what slogan they'll come up with.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I hope they do just to see what slogan they'll come up with.

FUNimation
You should be seducing your onii-chan.

Laughing
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I believe I'll give this a decent rating. it was amusing, but not really interesting. most of the story felt really random and all Akito ever seemed to do was be the straight man to everyone in the dorm.

Yeah I too ended up giving it decent. It wasn't boring but it wasn't exciting either. It was funny sometimes, but nothing remarkable. Like the defenition says: "I didn't lose my time". Not really hoping for a 2nd season, but I'll probably check it out if this ends up getting one somehow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5