• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 8 Creepy Creatures Worth Screaming About

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:

There's more to know about middle schoolers than whether or not they get horny for other middle schoolers?

Uhh...yeah? No one ever said there wasn't...
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
For live action adaption I'd go with Natsuyuki Rendezvous, simply because a live action adaption could maybe shorten it to a movie and cut out some parts that dragged on way to long. Also, it's a series that doesn't really rely much on hard to replicate in live action visuals, except for maybe some of the storybook scenes, but those are the parts that need to be trimmed the most anyways.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
For live action adaption I'd go with Natsuyuki Rendezvous, simply because a live action adaption could maybe shorten it to a movie and cut out some parts that dragged on way to long. Also, it's a series that doesn't really rely much on hard to replicate in live action visuals, except for maybe some of the storybook scenes, but those are the parts that need to be trimmed the most anyways.

Exactly my thoughts. If you lose 3 episodes from the middle it would be a perfect movie.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
I can't even remember the fridge monster from Cowboy Bebop Confused And transformed Tetsuo is way scarier than the giant stuffed animals!
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I can't even remember the fridge monster from Cowboy Bebop Confused

Pfft! Goes to show how many times you watched the [Adult Swim] reruns, that they showed 10 billion times over the past decade.

Laughing
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
jymmy wrote:

In regards to YuruYuri, they'd probably have to age the characters up to high school. While it's hardly explicit, you sometimes forget the characters getting sexually excited about other characters are thirteen and fourteen. Well, except Akane, but that actually might just be weirder in live action.

Because we all know 13 and 14 year olds have no sex drive. Nope. Not at all.

Dude, I was saying it probably wouldn't be acceptable to a mainstream audience. That's why I mentioned explicitness. Of course I wasn't saying girls that age don't have an interest in sex.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Well,looks like the List is doing stuff for Halloween. I've got to admit. All those creatures would make great costumes. I hope someone does that. I think that would be incredible.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Speaking of No Face, did anyone Watch Gravity Falls last night? The monster was clearly an homage to him.

Yup! I saw some official preliminary art that someone involved with the show (the artist, I believe) posted, and he outright confirmed that. That was a genuinely creepy monster, as well.

Also, the mention of the "tool" for MTNN surprised me. I mean, it's scary looking, but it IS a tool, not a monster/creature in that sense... I guess they have a degree of sentience, so you could argue it, but I don't see any of them as things that fit here. Neuro himself would be another matter entirely.
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
About last week's poll... I do love Momiji, but isn't he technically not an orphan? His mother is still alive, spoiler[she just forgot about him.]
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
About last week's poll... I do love Momiji, but isn't he technically not an orphan? His mother is still alive, spoiler[she just forgot about him.]

Well, I wouldn't think that an orphan has to have parents deceased, they could just as easily be abandoned too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3