• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code:Breaker (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Isn't it kind of hypocritical for her to act like killing is so bad when she is spoiler[part of a famous Yakuza family]. Of course they had to turn her into a spoiler[ojou-sama] too, am I the only one who sees her as a Mary Sue?

And isn't turning into a spoiler[small animal] kind of rediculous for what this series has set so far?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 7

Isn't it kind of hypocritical for her to act like killing is so bad when she is spoiler[part of a famous Yakuza family]. Of course they had to turn her into a spoiler[ojou-sama] too, am I the only one who sees her as a Mary Sue?

that is exactly why i don't like her. i'd probably like this show a lot more if she wasn't one of the main characters
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And isn't turning into a spoiler[small animal] kind of rediculous for what this series has set so far?

Perhaps...but nothing fits him better.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Perhaps...but nothing fits him better.

I know, he's extremely moe and this merely reinforces that feeling.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
You know, hearing the stupid attack lines from all the characters makes my parallelism sensor itch. The other dudes all have a last line that has something to do with what they're doing. It feels like Ogami hasn't had time to come up with one. "For evil... uh... evil?"
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Yuuki's lost form was pretty cute ^^
Sakurakouji really is a special girl.
Hitomi is a seriously dangerous guy seeking revenge.
So Sakura was adopted. The circumstances of her appearance were intriguing.
Hope she'll get some answers about her background soon.
Hitomi has his own plan and it has just begun..
Heike was acting very suspicious too. Seems like he switched sides.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8
Yuki's lost form is cute Razz *meow*

Anyways, I kinda liked this episode and those childhood pictures of Sakura. It's also interesting to note that she was spoiler[adopted].

It's also nice to see Rui's abilities as well but can't say the same for Heike especially what's he's doing this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Sakura turns out to be adopted.] *sigh* They just had to go down the route of not only making her a beautiful, smart, strong, incredibly moral, and a princess, but also make a spoiler[mysterious past,] which makes the people want to protect her more. The only way things could worse is if it turns out spoiler[she personally knew the Code Breakers in the past with some amnesia involved], and perhaps have it revealed that spoiler[she is like Hitomi's sister or something.]

And the part where Ogami's question spoiler[of what the deal with interlocking fingers were, like it is some sort of alien custom], was almost painful. Although Ogami has supposed to have defrosted, it feels a little jarring that he has gone from thretening to kill the entire class, to wanting to protect them, and being concerned over what must be the wimpiest yakuza ever.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
CODE:BREAKER has been kind of sucking lately, although it was never any good.

How did spoiler[02 know how to contact 01 to defect?] Big plot hole.

Anyway, I think spoiler[02 will do a triple-cross and turn on 01. There's a couple of reasons; 01 was already over-powered to the point of being unstoppable. If 02 actually joined him then there would be no way to win. Plus, 02's short scene on the rooftop at dusk was suspicious, in that he wasn't acting like a villain but rather someone trying to get inside 01's head.]

Remember folks, if it's correct then I called it first.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9
So, Hitomi is still causing trouble and creating "tolls". spoiler[He's even got Kanda under his control now.] That bastard.

Overall, I liked this episode but Sakura was more annoying as ever. spoiler[However, it seems that her "abilities" might of paid off as someone was going to get killed there.] I guess spoiler[Hitomi is a bit depressed regarding the deaths of the past Code Breakers] and their inevitable fates. He just wants it to stop and an end to it. I do think his methods aren't right although at the same time, I sort of sympathize him.

Hoping to see some of Hitomi's past next time tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

What was the point of starting the series with Sakura being an awesome fighter if she always loses to everyone in close quaters combat. At least they could give her like a touma deal instead of, you know being completly annoying and somehow being allowed to spoiler[just go along with the villains in the car]. What is the deal with that?

The villain's motives are so childish, he is killing a bunch of innocent people just because spoiler[he wants attention, to be remembered]. Someone needs to punch him in the face, hopefully in a manner similar to by a character I mentioned earlier, like this. That is what out of control idiots deserve
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
So Hitomi and Heike joined forces.
Hitomi sure is a smart one.
Looks like they took Sakura just so no one could use her against them.
Ogami is not as easily swayed as others.
Interesting turn of events.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Interesting turn of events.

can't say that i agree at this point. the show is looking to be lacking a real plot for the villains beyond wanting to bring out (of the closet,spoiler[they do elude to killing off the onlyfemale code breaker]) Code;breakers.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
@dragoneyes001 ...you sure of gender there? I was on the fence.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@dragoneyes001 ...you sure of gender there? I was on the fence.

wont bet the farm on it no. but i seem to remember breasts when the jacket came off. and didn't she love 01?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7