• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code:Breaker (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
MyAnimeList wrote:
At first, Sakura thought she was a man, but she is actually a woman.

At least it was intentional by the writers.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
The villain's motivation is so monumentally stupid that I had to drop this show. To be fair, I should have dropped it four or five episodes ago, but better late than never.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The villain's motivation is so monumentally stupid that I had to drop this show. To be fair, I should have dropped it four or five episodes ago, but better late than never.
I can't complain with that, but as I have watched it this far I plan on finishing the last few episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10
spoiler[The World People See]

Hitomi using his lightning abilities like a boss. It's nice to see spoiler[some of his history this episode]. It's not exactly the most spoiler[pleasant history imo especially on some of his missions with other Code:Breakers but what the hell, that's their way of life.]

Hitomi's personality was so different from today's tbh, the way he cares about his friends and fellow Code Breakers. spoiler["The Greatest Team" as he quotes it.]

Anyways, spoiler[some 50,000 people are "hostages" now according to Hitomi]. Let's see what happens next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I agree it was nice to see where the wellspring of Hitomi's agenda comes from, but I'm just never a fan of, "I'm trying to correct a wrong here, so clearly a whole bunch of completely innocent bystanders must die" mentality.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
It was nice seeing spoiler[some new info mainly about Hitomi.
Actually, it explained a whole lot about his current way of thinking.]

So much killing, so much death...
Seeing all thatspoiler[, it no wonder Heike joined his side.
Hitomi was like everyone's big brother, it was nice ^^
Guess he just wants to save them all from doing what they do.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I agree it was nice to see where the wellspring of Hitomi's agenda comes from, but I'm just never a fan of, "I'm trying to correct a wrong here, so clearly a whole bunch of completely innocent bystanders must die" mentality.
Agreed, Perhaps he thinks he is right to do what he is doing, though still sounds like a really tupid reason. Perhaps how nice he was before is a testement to how fragile he is.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

If I keep coming in here to say how stupid stuff is no one is going to take me seriously, and think I am some whiny poster, but this show keeps being damn aweful.

For starters, what about sound guy somehow useing his sonic powers to spoiler[track down all the bombs, how does he get that even work? how does a sonic attack work into apparently being able to track down the type of bomb? Then there is issues with the speed of sound, the complexity of actually translating the response. It is just too rediculous, but he can also use his sonic abilities to shut down the bombs without setting them off] also seems pretty rediculous.

Okay Heike is looking at monitors and Hitomi sees that spoiler[Ogami and he says that he will deal with him himself, and the Keike says the cliche line that he has not changed. Um, I am pretty sure he has changed, earlier he was all teamwork, friendship and save the children, now he is people are fools, lets blow up innocents and I will deal with the hero by myself].

He alsospoiler[ tied like the only girl who can probably stop him because she has like imagine breaker powers dangling in the air in his lair, with that dog who I think screwed something up earlier]. He can blow up a bunch of people, but not spoiler[get rid of some dog, can imagine Hitomi tieing up a dog next to her like that, it actually sounds hillarious. Obviously he could have found a much simpler way to deal with her, maybe not use rope that people can bite through].

Ooh, the government also figured out that the spoiler[PM was on top of Sky Tower becaus some genius (the term is used lightly here) realised an obvious detail they have been looking at for who knows how long. It was treated like some big deal], but it really would not be that hard to figure out. Ogami has some brilliant plan with dealing with spoiler[electricity, he will use a metal sword to draw it in, and then he uses the fire to conduct it into the ground. Now it does sound like they put a little thought into the first part, but since when has fire conduct electricity], it is not a question of its colour or that it is apparently hot enough to incinerate incoming bullets.

We also find that Hitomi is apparently doing it for spoiler[the kiddies after all, did any of the characters stop and ask him what about the kids right down there]. And apparently someone thought that sending the spoiler[placements of the bombs the pussy Yakuza make much of a difference, well we did get to see them like deal with two. Then there is a scene with the police and we are meant to be surprised that the police like care about public safety over dealing with the least threatening Yakuza] in existance.

Then there is the fight that spoiler[Toki has with Heike, if we thought there was rediclous things earlier Heike takes some prize for being so fabulous. And please tell me that I was not the only one who figured out that the all the floating Heikes were just double that he could continue to fight with as long as he was safetly hiding somewhere. Because Toki's] idea of fighting them was kind of dumb.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Things are going out of control.
spoiler[A lot has changed when compared to their younger days.
Difference in power between Ogami and Hitomi was very obvious.
Well, Hitomi's heart was in the right place, but his methods were wrong.
Toki vs Heike. That was a pretty cool fight.]

Very interesting episode.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Lots of action, but still not that good. Heikes powers seem to be ridiculous and Hitomis motives are going for the worse. I mean spoiler[people are not worth his protection because they are fools? But he also does all this because he wants to save the kids. Oh but he also wants the Code Breakers to be known and remembered and he wanted to create panic so that people would want the Code Breakers to save them, but he doesn't want the kids to turn into Code Breakers.] I think the writer himself is confused.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
magnetism vs light guess they don't believe in particles being affected by magnetic force. because it would make heike lose too fast.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, should have dropped this show a while back, but I guess I'll limp to the finish line at this point. Certainly no future sale in the cards for me, though.
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
magnetism vs light guess they don't believe in particles being affected by magnetic force. because it would make heike lose too fast.

He uses light as whip and this is where you draw a line? Very Happy Also, I don't know what exactly is the effect you think Toki's EM field would have on light. Photons don't have a charge so light can't be "bent" or "disrupted" simply by interacting with that field. That being said I'm no expert in particle physics just like most people and that fight is meant to run on Cool anyway.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:

He uses light as whip and this is where you draw a line? Very Happy Also, I don't know what exactly is the effect you think Toki's EM field would have on light. Photons don't have a charge so light can't be "bent" or "disrupted" simply by interacting with that field. That being said I'm no expert in particle physics just like most people and that fight is meant to run on Cool anyway.

here's a hypothetical example of using magnetism to beat light:
collect hydrogen and oxygen particles to create a water shield bend that so its a big prism aimed away from you. light boy is now using his power to create pretty rainbows that don't do much for him.

if you want ideas for how magnetism can be useful how about we take a page from the X-men and magneto who does some pretty neat stuff beyond simply tossing metal objects around.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
i think Heike is now my favorite character. why cant he be the main protagonist?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7