• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams 'Altered' Charger Girl Ju-den Chan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Odd, doesn't crunchyroll air some other shows with plenty of nudity? Guess it is a bit random, like Annf said.
dan888

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Fuku wrote:
I was originally upset but when I heard that the pissing wasn't censored then I was relieved.

Who cares anyway?! This is a legal streaming anime that we can watch for free! I'll get the DVDs for the nudity. You are all going to support them over this anime that you all feel so strongly about and buy the DVDs too right...right?

1.) Do you honestly expect this to be brought over with how the R1 anime market is right now?
2.) You said you were upset until you heard something wasn't removed. I for one am upset about censorship like this even if there was a particular thing not removed.
3.) DVD for nudity is different when the only version right now available in Japan is uncensored (the other stations haven't aired it yet).
4.) I care that when Crunchyroll has the choice of a censored or uncensored version, they choose the censored version.
5.) As to buying the DVDs, see point one.
6.) Fansubs will be uncensored, legal (that you pay for if you want to see week 1) will be censored, which do you think will be more attractive to the anime community.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
LOL, now that its got all this attention because CR censored it, you can bet the uncensored version is gonna pop up pirated all over the place.

Um, before there was any controversy over CR's streaming a censored version, the uncensored version was already all over the place. CR was slow on this...
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Fuku wrote:
You are all going to support them over this anime that you all feel so strongly about and buy the DVDs too right...right?

If this gets released on DVD in the states, I will eat my hat. BUt anyway, legal=censored, ilegal=uncensored....not a very hard choice.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I was right - the uncensored version is all over the place now... Sheesh... This is gonna be one of the hot popular shows this season now... So much for the "please dont pirate" plea - they should never have censored it, then it wouldnt be all over the place...

Anyways, I couldnt find anywhere where anything of Ep 1 was cut - only the censored shots. Some rear end shots were covered up - thats about all for Ep 1 - less than about 10 seconds of editing for the whole show.

For Ep 2 it looks like the bathroom scene got covered up.

Any digital distortion blocks are in the original show as broadcast on AT-X.
Fuku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
dan888 wrote:

1.) Do you honestly expect this to be brought over with how the R1 anime market is right now?
2.) You said you were upset until you heard something wasn't removed. I for one am upset about censorship like this even if there was a particular thing not removed.
3.) DVD for nudity is different when the only version right now available in Japan is uncensored (the other stations haven't aired it yet).
4.) I care that when Crunchyroll has the choice of a censored or uncensored version, they choose the censored version.
6.) Fansubs will be uncensored, legal (that you pay for if you want to see week 1) will be censored, which do you think will be more attractive to the anime community.

1.) Yes I do.
2.) And the anime is just as titillating censored or not.
3.) In the holy land of Nippon anime often gets censored depending on what station it's running on. And it says in the article that THIS censored version will be rebroadcast in Japan. If it's okay to get censored in Japan why is it a big deal on CR?
4.) I don't.
5.) The DVDs will be in widescreen and be uncensored. I look forward to them!
6.) Well screw the anime community if they can't wait a whole week to watch it for free on demand. God forbid.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Geotrio wrote:

Except the peeing wasn't taken out. It was the only thing risqué left untouched in the Crunchyroll streams.

Oh. REad somewhere that peeing was taken out.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Fuku"]
dan888 wrote:

6.) Well screw the anime community if they can't wait a whole week to watch it for free on demand. God forbid.

One week FOR THE CENSORED VERSION. What part of "people wasn to see the uncensored version" do you not understand?
dan888

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Fuku wrote:
dan888 wrote:

1.) Yes I do.
2.) And the anime is just as titillating censored or not.
3.) In the holy land of Nippon anime often gets censored depending on what station it's running on. And it says in the article that THIS censored version will be rebroadcast in Japan. If it's okay to get censored in Japan why is it a big deal on CR?
4.) I don't.
5.) The DVDs will be in widescreen and be uncensored. I look forward to them!

1.) Good luck with that
2.) Doesn't explain why we should accept censorship
3.) Yeah, but at this moment only censored is available. And if I lived in Japan I would be watching the uncensored version, not the censored version. And they have a choice as to which version to watch legally.
4.) Well, I, along with many other people do care about this.
5.) Once again, good luck with waiting for R1 DVDs.
6.) You completely ignored the censorship issue in the question. Sure we can watch it free in a week, but the only way to see it uncensored is illegally, and many people will choose to do just that.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Lord, people, it's the broadcast version. If you want to see it 100% uncensored, buy the DVD's.

Rampant cases of self-entitlement.

DmonHiro wrote:

If this gets released on DVD in the states, I will eat my hat.

Yes, and how many people said that about Marimite? Or Strike Witches?
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Lord, people, it's the broadcast version. If you want to see it 100% uncensored, buy the DVD's.

Or move to japan and subscribe to AT-X. This is the version you would see if you watched it without paying in Japan.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
LOL, now that its got all this attention because CR censored it, you can bet the uncensored version is gonna pop up pirated all over the place.

It already has, two weeks ago. CR's lame censored version is old news.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303"
[quote="DmonHiro wrote:

If this gets released on DVD in the states, I will eat my hat.

Yes, and how many people said that about Marimite? Or Strike Witches?[/quote]

This is a little different. This is borderline hentai....almost.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
This getting licensed for a R1 release?
LOL!!!
I suggest you invest in the Japanese DVD's as this has no chance in hell of getting licensed.
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad CR couldn't set it up with the censored version for free, AT-X version for Anime Members.

Still, from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like mere nipple censorship is going to break the show the way Queen's Blade's censorship did. It looks more like just standard service shots, like Strike Witches-level. I don't really mind buying the BDs later for boobage if I like the characters enough to care.

Actually, Queen's Blade is the only time I've ever seen anything like that where nudity-based jokes were so central to the humor that covering the screen broke the experience completely. (It'd be like censoring the panties in Aika.)

Of course, we're only on episode three, so I may have to eat my words depending on how the show goes. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6