• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PETA Releases Pokémon Parody Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Welll, under free speech Peta can say whatever the hell they want, that is until they cross the line. If they really want to spread animal awareness then concentrate on the mistreatment of animals that is really happening and stop wasting our time on stuff that makes them look crazy far-left group. Oh wait they are. They're overdoing it and when you go that far no one cares.

I guess this is what happens when something good goes so far that you wonder if it has any remnants of what it used to be. The world has become a strange place these days and getting stranger and stupider by the second.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Also, ironically enough I JUST picked up White 2 today, heh. I shall dedicate my playthrough to PETA's insane antics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sirdano1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
if PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children.

If only PETA could be as easily destroyed as Team Plasma was...
fullmetaldango

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This is so moronic I can't even describe how much it annoys me, THIS is why no one takes you PETA guys seriously, you can't proclaim that a Harmless and fun game like Pokemon is exactly like Animal's kept in the Circus. Next you'll be telling me Sonic is cruel for jumping on different Robotized Animals. Doing stupid stuff like this deserves all the fan rage and complaints
Zero Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Clearly they never played the games, because if they did, they would learn how wrong they are
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Because Nintendo character are real people too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sarroush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Decided to play a bit of it. It would have been an interesting idea, if it wasnt PETA. Instead, it's beyond annoying.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Quit it Team Plasma, you already lost once.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
It's like, PETA isn't even aware that the Pokémon shrink when they enter a Pokéball.

Look at Pikachu's comfy bachelor pad inside the Pokéball! He's relaxing on the couch watching K-On!. How cool is that? (I love K-On! so I don't consider exposure to it to be "animal abuse".)

Yes, I'm fully aware that that picture is just fanart and not official Nintendo art.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
It's like, PETA isn't even aware that the Pokémon shrink when they enter a Pokéball.

Look at Pikachu's comfy bachelor pad inside the Pokéball! He's relaxing on the couch watching K-On!. How cool is that? (I love K-On! so I don't consider exposure to it to be "animal abuse".)

Yes, I'm fully aware that that picture is just fanart and not official Nintendo art.

Or like in Robot Chicken, it's a sick dance/drug party.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I haven't seen enough of PETA's work to be annoyed but I found the game to be an amusing enough parody albeit I wasn't going to watch two minutes or so of footage times 3 about the suffering of real animals as I've seen enough on Cartoon Network.

A group like PETA are one of those furthest away from making me insecure about how I think my favourite media is being perceived.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Larry Niven's first law: There is no cause so noble that it will not attract fugg heads.

That's all that PETA has left these days.

Mark Gosdin
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
LOL, so I actually played this game to completion and it was hilarious. There's how ridiculously preachy it is, but they obviously weren't taking it that seriously either. At one point there's a Mudkip who says "Hey I heard you like Mudkips" but Pikachu's all "Actually they can be kind of annoying but we strive for freedom of all Pokemon, even Mudkips!" and at the very end of the game a Slowpoke shows up and says "Hey have you heard about this group for Pokemon freedom called Team Plasma?"
fullmetaldango

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
They did absolutely no research! if they had actually done some them would know that Pokemon are happy in the games, Trainers look after Pokemon, feed them right and befriend them, they aren't pets or tools as PETA think they are. Trainers and Pokemon are friends and have respect for each other, both of them would be willing to fight for the other. Do they sound like bad people to you?
PETA are once again not focusing on the real issues and instead want to take works of Fiction and use them to try and draw a comparrison to real life. Next they'll be after King George for killing the last Dragon
darkcat1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I find this ironic because the main story themes of almost all the pokemon games are friendship and cooperation between the cute little creatures and the trainer. Also this a crazy joke debate that Pokefans have had for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10