• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aki Sora's 3rd Manga Volume to Bundle Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Er, judging from the source material, I gather this OVA will be hentai?
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I love Kazuya Kuroda's designs so I'll be definitely getting this.

Also, maybe that moonphase link should be marked as NSFW?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

Might be more along the lines of Kiss×sis, which pushes the envelope quite a bit, but isn't actually hentai. Who knows.

Hopefully it isn't hentai though. Eri Kitamura alone makes me want to see this. Anime catgrin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

Might be more along the lines of Kiss×sis, which pushes the envelope quite a bit, but isn't actually hentai. Who knows.

Hopefully it isn't hentai though. Eri Kitamura alone makes me want to see this. Anime catgrin

spoiler[There's an orgy in chapter 6!]
dan888

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

spoiler[This isn't anything like Kiss x Sis, this series is full of sex. As mentioned in the post above mine, there is an orgy in chapter 6.]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote
The OVA will probably be as ecchi as KissXSis, meaning you won't see anything and it'll be a giant cocktease the entire way through. Hell, in standard following with these kinds of things, I'm positive they're not even blood related, that only ever happens in real and true hentai manga (not even true hentai OVAs have real blood incest, none.)

Mangas of many things may push the envelope pretty far, but there's no way the animations ever match up. They're pretty much always watered down, save for a very very small few.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I read the first 2 chapters to see what this was about and....it's a little more than KissxSis. The odd thing is that it's starting to suck me in because it's actually not full blown boning for the hell of it, there's actually some romance, I think at least. It kind of reminds me of Toshiue no Hito. Anyways, I think it'll be a hentai/anime hybrid where it has all the sex of a hentai, but the background, story, and plot of an actual anime. I'm thinking along the lines of Futari H or even Buttobi CPU.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
giascle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
No more comparisons to KissxSis. It's not nearly in the same league.

I.E. lots of sex
Seljuk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
When I started reading the source material a while ago, I was pleased that it was a well-drawn series that wasn't a cocktease. However, after more recent chapters, it seems to be evolving into a more psychological view on the effect of sex on kids as they are growing up. The situations that the lead has been put in- first from valuing sex with his older sister and acknowledging it as something special, to the more recent chapters where he has encountered people who regard sex as trivial, or just a cheap thrill.

Not that I think that the episode will cover anything like that (it is only one episode), but I was at least pleasantly surprised at the source material for rising above the standard fare of an ecchi/hentai title. There is actually some psychological and romantic evolution.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I did gather the undertones of prepubesence and sexual curiosity themes emanating from this series. I also thought "I really shouldn't be reading this at work."

But I still do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1