• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 am Reply with quote
Movie (Girls und Panzer der Film)

2 hours, panzer vor.
That was glorious in a couple ways, like it opening with 25 minute or so fight of spoiler[two teams vs two of St. Gloria (English) with Pravda (Russian) against Ooarai (main team) with] a newly introduced Chi-Ha-Tan (Japan apparently). As always, friendly stereotypes are common, and good see that they give one to the team representative of their own country and Chi-Ha-Tan tries to "honourably" charge.

A fairly dramatic middle part of the episode, it feels all kinds of hopeless, even though you can reasonably guess that things are not going to end that way. On a positive note it did kind of work to mix things up a bit. I thought the joke in the publics morals committee falling to pieces was decidedly funny. And all worked up for the third act.

And it was more than I expected that being pushed into an spoiler[impossible position called for the other schools to join in and help. Ooarai, Pravda, St. Gloria, Chi-Ha-Tan, Kuromorimime (Germany), Saunders (USA), Anzio (Italy), and Jatkosota (Finland)]. 30 spoiler[on 30 match], mountains, forests, train yard, and one hell of an amusement park. And don't think that it is mindless, there are so many tactics, tanks, and really small details along with those first person moments that the series started out on, it is frankly a little too much, which is always a little strange to say.

Back to the cultured stereotypes, they are fun. Seeing them all in the planning room and fighting over a name for the mission, all of which were food. And the spoiler[Ferris wheel]. As a rating I am going to give it an Excellent, it was great.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I am awaiting anxiously for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching this film. A great addition to the franchise, I was a bit impressed with the action scenes as well, they were pretty amazing tank battles even though this time they really decided to make everything as over the top as imaginable: spoiler[tanks riding on roller coasters and on the stairs of a shopping mall]. Overall an excellent piece of entertainment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 30 of 30