• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse Head to Offer 1st Look at Marvel Anime at CCI

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 am Reply with quote
Sounds like fun. I wonder what's Lee's favorite Madhouse anime. I'd be amused if it was Ninja Scroll or Wicked City.
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:04 am Reply with quote
well i have been intrested in the anime adaptions of the marvel series, and yet i keep hoping that the 4th series that is still a mystery will be a deadpool series(although i don't really know who would be a good seiyuu for wade!?).
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:
well i have been intrested in the anime adaptions of the marvel series, and yet i keep hoping that the 4th series that is still a mystery will be a deadpool series(although i don't really know who would be a good seiyuu for wade!?).

the same guy that played him in the games, John Kassir.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Isn't CCI the abbreviation for the company and SDCC the abbreviation for the convention? Maybe I'm confused since I've never been, but I've always seen fans refer to the convention itself as SDCC and only seen news sources use CCI when referring to announcements from the company. If you google search CCI you don't get a hit for Comic-Con.org until around page 4, but if you search SDCC the first hit is Comic-Con.org as well as several of the following hits. Even a search on ANN is giving me a lot more hits for SDCC (which all seem to be about Comic-Con) over CCI (and not all are for Comic-Con).

Maybe I'm just thinking out loud... Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Well it's gotta be a hell of a lot better than Armored Adventures. God that show is all kinds of terrible.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Isn't CCI the abbreviation for the company and SDCC the abbreviation for the convention? Maybe I'm confused since I've never been, but I've always seen fans refer to the convention itself as SDCC and only seen news sources use CCI when referring to announcements from the company. If you google search CCI you don't get a hit for Comic-Con.org until around page 4, but if you search SDCC the first hit is Comic-Con.org as well as several of the following hits. Even a search on ANN is giving me a lot more hits for SDCC (which all seem to be about Comic-Con) over CCI (and not all are for Comic-Con).

Maybe I'm just thinking out loud... Wink

Emerje

Quote:
Copyright © 2004-2009, Comic-Con International. All rights reserved.

CCI works for me.

It's possibly leaving San Diego soon because our convention center is too small.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:08 am Reply with quote
I too am looking forward to this. Should be interesting to see what happens when the torrents hit the net. Will Marvel get crazy and start chasing fan subbers, or just let it slide.

Guess they'd be smart to get it on Hulu and Crunchyroll, to generate interest, but I can only sample subs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 am Reply with quote
Actually, I'm not that thrilled with this. One of the things I love about anime is that it shows me stories and characters unlike anything I can see from Western sources. I'd much rather Madhouse, a company whose work I like a lot, devote its resources to producing something original.

The one caveat to that is if this sort of thing is profitable for Madhouse, then that helps to keep them a viable company which is obviously good.
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Ginrai1984 wrote:

hmm...i always found john kassir voice too heavy for deadpool tbh, but if it's a US dub only release i wouldn't mind having nolan north back for deadpool(since he really did captivate a large part of deadpool personality in hulk vs wolverine.)

but after some thinking wouldn't daisuke onno(with his kazuma voice) be a good choice as the japanese voice of deadpool!?
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Ginrai1984 wrote:

hmm...i always found john kassir voice too heavy for deadpool tbh, but if it's a US dub only release i wouldn't mind having nolan north back for deadpool(since he really did captivate a large part of deadpool personality in hulk vs wolverine.)

but after some thinking wouldn't daisuke onno(with his kazuma voice) be a good choice as the japanese voice of deadpool!?

That would work. although, I never imagine if Nolan North (love the guy for voicing Nathan Drake in Uncharted) voicing a anime-based superheroes. Even though the closest thing he dub was FInal Fantasy 12 as Vossler. But I guess Nolan North would work for Deadpool. For the JPN VA, I guess Onno would work. I thought of Shigeru Chiba to voice Deadpool.

Nice to see that the Marvel anime is going to show at Comic-Con. Here's my JPN voice actor for Ironman: Takehito Koyasu. He's the only one with this voice that could fit Iron Man.

If they do Spiderman, please let Mamoru Miyano or Masakazu Morita
voice him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Amibite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Well it's gotta be a hell of a lot better than Armored Adventures. God that show is all kinds of terrible.
I somehow doubt that. Western properties and Japanese execution have never really paid off. I doubt this is going to have the care and progressiveness that AA has.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
oops, I forgot this.

Cue the anime haters saying Marvel has been bought out by the anime industry and claiming they're trying to turn their superheroes into anime/manga character and saying Marvel is part of the anime/manga conspiracy in 3...2...1
rodonite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know what Hayao Miyazaki is doing with Disney?
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder what the other two characters are...

I'm guessing Spider-Man is definately one of them!

Would Fantastic 4 or Punisher be the other?

I'm excited to see how this turns out. Batman Gotham Knights had a lot of promise and delivered on about half of them. But it's problems were largely to do with length and story. The first 3 weren't that great. The last three were the best. Great visual styles and action. The best by far was the one that was about Bruce Wayne in India. Good animation, good theme, great story all told in that short span of time! They should make a full series in that style and movies out of the other two!
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
double post Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2