• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Anime Network Removes 1st To Love-Ru Darkness Episode

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Damn! And here I was feeling perverted enough to watch this.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Maybe FUNi and ANN can give them some pointers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Definitely curious as to what happened. This wasn't a leak, and it's not like the Bandai incident where the content was accidentally posted early. This was posted on the website in accordance with the announced schedule. Did someone really screw up and misread the contract or something? Well, I'm sure details will (eventually) come to light.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought something fishy was going on yesterday when they announced they were airing it a day before it was airing in Japan. They've probably lost the right to simulcast it.. I wonder what this means for Sentai's license.
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
It's been delayed for Anime On Demand too in the UK. ~
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the beams of light were too hot for them! Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I thought something fishy was going on yesterday when they announced they were airing it a day before it was airing in Japan. They've probably lost the right to simulcast it.. I wonder what this means for Sentai's license.

Well, it was the censored version anyway, so it's not a massive loss. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if they had the rights to the uncensored and had aired that when before Japan even got their censored broadcast.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
The bad thing is this was not an accident. Even if the wording of the contract is vague, it's not really hard to confirm the airing time of TLD:R. Anyway it's hard to care for something that isn't on CR.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Is Japan even getting an uncensored broadcast? I hope so.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
There was probably a mistake in the contract when they accounted for the time and date change. Hopefully, the situation will be resolved quickly. At least it was put on a legitimate streaming sight, and not hacked and uploaded to YouTube like Funi's streaming issues.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

We're betting on the AT-X broadcast in a few days, since AT-X tends to be uncensored and because the previous XEBEC/TLR series was uncensored.

dragonrider_cody wrote:
There was probably a mistake in the contract when they accounted for the time and date change. Hopefully, the situation will be resolved quickly. At least it was put on a legitimate streaming sight, and not hacked and uploaded to YouTube like Funi's streaming issues.

The streamrip is already completely out there, and has been for over half a day, available to anyone looking for it. Damage is fully and irreversibly done.
sarroush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
It was clearly 2lewd4them!
shabaz92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I did get to watch this before it was pulled. The censoring wasn't that bad. There was still some visible panty shots. The more gratuitous shots were censored, but it far from the worst censor job I've seen. Still this sucks for anime network, hopefully they get their crap together and can put the show back on.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
The bad thing is this was not an accident. Even if the wording of the contract is vague, it's not really hard to confirm the airing time of TLD:R. Anyway it's hard to care for something that isn't on CR.

They obviously converted the wrong direction ~ taking a Tokyo time and converting from US time to Tokyo time instead of visa versa.

The question is whether the contract specified US time and did so incorrectly, or whether the contract Tokyo time and TAN converted incorrectly.

If the mistake is in the contract, TAN will apologize profusely for the licensor's mistake, a new contract will be written, and things will proceed. If it was TAN's fault, it could take a month or more to clear up, or it might just have to wait until Section23 gets the home video materials.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, so maybe airing it almost a day BEFORE Japan was not the greatest of moves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5