• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North Star's Shizuno, Sekima-Ⅱ Metal Band Animate Short

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LRS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks for spreading the word, but let me add something...

"EL DORADO" is an animated PV, not really an anime. This song is 22 years old and characters are band members themselves. Though they surely can make a short anime for a PV...

The promo-clip on Seikima-II MySpace page is meant to promote their new album "Akuma Nativity 'Songs of the Sword'". "EL DORADO" PV will be included on a limited edition bonus DVD.

New album had already been released on iTunes for 19 countries, and iTunes for USA and Canada is planned for August. September 16 is the date of actual CD release.

Seikima-II is a theatrical hard-rock band of the 20th century, the living legend of Japanese rock scene of those times. They disbanded on December 31, D.C.1 (1999), at midnight. So this date is still a few months away from the album release date. And now there are more references to the 25th anniversary of their debut on Earth than to the anniversary of their disbanding.

The band had already starred in anime about 17 years ago: "Seikima-II HUMANE SOCIETY ~jinrui ai ni michita shakai~", it was released on VHS and later on DVD, but never got translated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1