• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Adds Vinland Saga, Sankarea, No. 6, Tokyo Mew Mew A la Mode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! I have been waiting for Vinland Saga forever. Very Happy can't wait! No.6 caught my eye. Have to look that up. Man, kodansha are turning into my favourite company since they licensed Attack on Titan :'-)
daichi383

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Vinland Saga YES!
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:
Has there been any news on the 2 Chibi-Usa volumes yet? I haven't heard from those for a while, nor seen anything about them on pre-order.

You mean the two short-story anthologies? IIRC, those came after the 12-volume run in Japan, and we only have solicitations through volume 10 right now. I'd expect them to come out after 12, as if they were volumes 13 and 14.

Also, they're not all Chibi-Usa stories. One is about Rei, and one is about Luna (and was the basis for the S movie).

I kept forgetting what they were called, and just remembered that she was on one of the cover >_> I guess these won't be included in the 2 boxsets that Kodansha is putting out for the main series, which looks like the second box will have the second half of the series. Will be double-dipping for the pretty art boxes, especially since both boxes make up a full image... I'm a sucker for boxes!!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Sankarea: HELL YES!!!!
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Big get for Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode and Sankarea. Smile

TMM a la Mode was expected, but Sankarea was bit unexpected.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
The speed-up on Fairy Tail is nice. It's the only continuing series I'm collecting right now, so I like being able to keep up with the Japanese release. Smile
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
HOLY SH1T THEY'RE RELEASING AN SM ARTBOOK BASED ON THE FIVE RELEASED IN JAPAN. I THINK I'M GONNA FAINT.

Sheleigha wrote:
Has there been any news on the 2 Chibi-Usa volumes yet? I haven't heard from those for a while, nor seen anything about them on pre-order.

They said in their panel that the two short story collections will be released after the main 12 books are released.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Finally, I've been waiting ages for the Vinland Saga announcement. It was known for a while that a US publisher had licensed it but there was a big hush-up over which one it was.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Great news about ALA Mode, even though it's not the best part of TMM, it's still worth collecting. Now Tokyopop can REALLY be phased out of the TMM franchise! Very Happy I wish companies would pick up more of Tokyopop's former licenses...

Now the anime needs to be re-licensed and redubbed... it's a shame because it was a hit on TV (4Kids' highest rated show of 2005. True story...) and it has a fairly large fanbase (which I'm proud to be a part of). The only reason 4Kids stopped at episode 26 was because, according to Tom Wayland, it was difficult to sell the merchandising rights because the show only had 52 episodes. Without merch, the property wasn't valuable to 4Kids.

But it's good TMM apparently at least sold well for Kodansha (otherwise, why release the controversial ALA Mode?).
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Vinland Saga: I should probably read this one day.

Sankarea: Didn't like the anime at first but I want to give it a second chance. I'll try once it comes out.

No. 6: **bangs head on computer** Geez, thanks Kodansha USA. It's not like I had already imported two volumes of the manga or one of the light novels or the artbooks or anything...
Oh well. Looks like I'm gonna have to double-dip for this.

Tokyo Mew Mew A la Mode: I don't care how silly Tokyo Mew Mew may seem. This manga/anime is a pure guilty pleasure for me. I already have Vol. 1-4 of Tokyopop and the third Omnibus so I look forward to A La Mode.

Sailor Moon artbook: **fountain of joyful tears** Anime cry
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, Vinland Saga! Can go on my shelf right next to my coveted Planetes :3 Haven't read a chapter of it, but yeah, I'm forking over money. Vertical is right though, they keep giving other companies good ideas who then seem to thwart them to get Madoka and Vinland for themselves.

No. 6 I'm interested in. I wanted to check out the anime, but I understand it's rather incomplete and I would've wanted to check out the manga more anyway. Wish granted! Yes, yes, novels first, I know, but the manga won't be constrained by only being allowed to be a certain max length either, so I do look forward to it.
Homura_Chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like A La Mode, but hopefully the translation will make it a bit more bearable.

I just want more Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Crying or Very sad
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and a print of Fairy Tail manga per month starting in March is a big win. Smile
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:

But seriously? Out of ALL the TokyoPop titles Kodaansha US could've reprinted, why the hell Tokyo Mew Mew?

This 100%.

I'm still waiting for Initial D to come back, hopefully retranslated to eliminate the TOKYOPOOP and maybe get someone who knows about Imports to fix-up the car stats and terminology that TOKYOPOOP managed to f***up royally.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quote
Definitely getting No. 6. The anime is one of my favorite sci-fis in recent years.

Gotta check out Vinland Saga and Sankarea too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4