• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 to Have DB's Goku Costume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
Yay? Its funny how they add useless content but cant put jutsu-clashes back into the game even though the whole world is asking them...
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
At least they didn't make the game worse. UNSG was just awful compared to the previous two games; especially the 'story' mode.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Wii U please!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred Ichigo's Shinigami outfit but well. Goku's outfit was already seen in Naruto's 10th anniversary of the manga.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Wii U please!

If you're a fan of these games how would you not already own a PS3, or 360 by now? This is only the fourth iteration on PS3 ...
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
DeathScytheRuler wrote:
At least they didn't make the game worse. UNSG was just awful compared to the previous two games; especially the 'story' mode.

It was more of a spin-off game with a smaller budget, so... yeah. I was upset about the lack of a real story mode, too. The great roster only barely made up for the game's lack in other things.
However, the gameplay itself was SO much better for me. The new substitution jutsu mechanics are something I can wrap my head around and utilize, yet they don't cheapen their usage either, since they're limited. If there's one thing I wish they added back in, though, it's the button-pressing/control-stick-winding stuff. That made it difficult to spam the Ultimate Jutsu.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote
are these games any fun?
usually these kind of games are annoyingly hard in single player and you have to end up spamming 1 technique to beat the computer
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
are these games any fun?
usually these kind of games are annoyingly hard in single player and you have to end up spamming 1 technique to beat the computer

The only general group of people I really see complaining about these games are the people who prefer button-combo gameplay and think this kind of gameplay is too simple for them, since it's pretty easy for anyone to just pick up a controller and play with little knowledge or skill in other kinds of fighting games. It's not so simple or imbalanced that an amateur can beat a veteran, though. The main difference I see between this and other fighting games is this game's utilization of wide stages, quick and free movement on the field, and the focus on dodging and continuous movement over memorizing button-combos.
Not to mention, the games are meant to be cash cows for the marketing companies, but the developing company itself is so passionate for the franchise (the chief is literally obsessed), they put more effort into making these games good than they do making their own original stuff good, even though they have all this potential... I swear, I feel better about the story mode in these games than I do the story and pacing of the anime and even the manga. Particularly, the several boss battles in the second Storm game come to mind as one of the best things about the game.

These may or may not be your cup of tea, but it's worth checking the games out for yourself just in case they are. I highly recommend Storm 2, particularly for its story mode.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
Hopefully a Battle Stadium D.O.N. 2 is announced next.
KradvonWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
@potatochobit:
I can agree on the difficulty. In storm 2, I;m still stuck at Kakuzu's boss fight...
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
Hopefully a Battle Stadium D.O.N. 2 is announced next.

This.

Anyway not a big fan of Naruto but it's nice seeing Dragon Ball especially Gokou's costume in a Naruto game. Very Happy
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
KradvonWeiss wrote:
@potatochobit:
I can agree on the difficulty. In storm 2, I;m still stuck at Kakuzu's boss fight...

If you get too close to him while he's on the wall, he can easily hit you. I recommend approaching him slowly, simply waiting to dodge the streams he sends outward. Once you are close enough to double-[X]-dash to his head, do so and just keep hitting him. And, of course, prepare for the button-pressing that comes up on the screen after you hit him enough. I found him easy after I figured out his tactics. =3
Max465

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
If there's one thing I wish they added back in, though, it's the button-pressing/control-stick-winding stuff. That made it difficult to spam the Ultimate Jutsu.

What? NO, Oh God no. Ultimate Jutsu are more balanced with the new system. The first games jutsu's came down to who could button mash faster. There were friends I couldn't beat and friends who couldn't beat me only because it came down to who could cancel out every jutsu then retaliate and make their jutsu go through.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
If there's one thing I wish they added back in, though, it's the button-pressing/control-stick-winding stuff. That made it difficult to spam the Ultimate Jutsu.

What? NO, Oh God no. Ultimate Jutsu are more balanced with the new system. The first games jutsu's came down to who could button mash faster. There were friends I couldn't beat and friends who couldn't beat me only because it came down to who could cancel out every jutsu then retaliate and make their jutsu go through.

...Okay. On that, I can understand. So maybe it's not the best thing to add back in. Still, I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad thing to have it as an option. It added more intensity to the battles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1