• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Would like a bit of extra clarification on Anime Castle

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerreth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 am Reply with quote
I tried to do a few searches regarding Anime Castle before putting this up and I seem to have gotten some hits regarding them selling bootlegs, but there seems to also be some issues in their other merchandise as well.

I came across this post while being part of a Magic: The Gathering (TCG) facebook group.
Quote:
I have a major concern here.

A store in New York that has been doing magic the gathering events (not a major store at all) has been putting my old DCI number into their events. Only thing is i haven't attended any of their events for a very long time. Theyve also flagged my participation as all losses.

Is there any judges or employess of wizards or someone who knows a wizards employee i can speak to? This is very frustrating and i want to report this store.

I was also directed to this by a friend of mine who was playing the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG:

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=22877929#post22877929

I see their name dropped here at the bottom of ANN and I was just curious about their business standards. I know that there's probably some sort of contract involved in keeping their ads here, but have their practices really been this shady? If so, it's admittedly a bit worrisome to see their ads here knowing someone could click on it and unknowingly get scammed / support this kind of behaviour.
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
I've shopped through them plenty of times in the past. As far as the things I purchased (Anime DVD's & Video games) everything they offer is legit. Unfortunately since discovering Rightstuff's and Amazon's lower prices I haven't used them in the past few years. I don't know if things have changed since then, but my view of Anime Castle is that it's a solid retailer with fair prices(not the lowest) and good shipping times.
Altacia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Never had any issues with Anime Castle but, Once I started using RightStuf I haven't ordered anything from AC since.

I do know that the Anime CDs which I had bought from them are SonMays which, I think are Bootlegs but am not 100% sure. Didn't really care at the time either since they were like 10 dollars...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I used to buy from them, yes they used to sell bootlegs, DVDs and CDs in addition to legit stuff, I don't think they do anymore though. Either way they're expensive and their sales suck, you're much better off with Rightstuf.com if you don't want to more for anime than you have to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1