• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0 Film's 1st 7 Minutes to Air Before Opening

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Texas84 wrote:
The USA might see it in 2014.

Hopefully by then TOONAMI's budget is big enough to give all 3 movies a week-to-week airing!
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Ignoring the inevitable derision that comment's going to attract, I'm pretty sure that Funimation would have to get themselves involved directly for that to happen. This is Evangelion we're talking about.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Texas84 wrote:
The USA might see it in 2014.

Hopefully by then TOONAMI's budget is big enough to give all 3 movies a week-to-week airing!

You're being sarcastic, I can tell.
odd_function

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Is the ending theme going to be yet another remix of Hikaru Utada's "Beautiful World"? I'm freaking sick of that song.

I hope not, I loathe that song. I thought it was lame in the trailers for the first movie, and my opinion has gotten worse. I hesitate to recommend the movies in even the context of fun action movies because of the prominence of that song. It is startling how something with such an strong soundtrack otherwise, can blow it with the main theme or feature song.

I wonder if blackmail was involved. That would explain everything.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
I finally got to see the second movie a few days ago (I bought it, but I left it at home, so I haven't had the chance to watch it until it was on television in Japan recently in a special). Quite the interesting ending.

I'll watch it and let everyone know what to expect (spoiler-free). =3
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 am Reply with quote
Hellfish wrote:
This was hell of a long wait, but if Pirate Asuka with her eyepatch of power gets to be awesome it will totally be worth it.

Yup, hopefully they deliver on that!

Spoiler for movie 2:
spoiler[Especially since she had to sit out the last third of the second movie due to this, which rather sucked.]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
You're [not] fooling me Anno-san. This whole pre 3.0 hyperbollox is just radiating "I can [not] f*** you over enough" louder than Fukushima power station. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
You're [not] fooling me Anno-san. This whole pre 3.0 hyperbollox is just radiating "I can [not] f*** you over enough" louder than Fukushima power station. Laughing

He's fooling me well enough, I'm definitely interesting in seeing this and the next film. It'd be one thing if the films still followed the TV show verbatim, but they've veered off that course a long time ago.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

He's fooling me well enough, I'm definitely interesting in seeing this and the next film. It'd be one thing if the films still followed the TV show verbatim, but they've veered off that course a long time ago.
Of course he has! It'd be no fun if he did another train wreak down the same siding as the last one. Some people might notice, and bail before hitting the buffer again. Laughing
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

He IS after all a legendary troll Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2