• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Clannad After Story, Ghost Hound, He is My Master

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote
DAMN!!!!! I hate these Bastards I really do. There ****in up Anime. They add 3 good ones and I can't buy any of them. Especially Clannad. Viz, FUNimation and Nintendo is gonna have all my money this fall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zulux211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Sarkozy wrote:
zulux211 wrote:

I know what you mean, I personally wont buy ANY subbed only releases as I would rather just import the disks from japan at that point.

Why... would you pay $55-60 for 1-3 episodes?

Sorry, it just doesn't make sense and is just pure stupidity.

I wouldn't... I am just saying if I was going to buy something without dubs I would rather just import
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic pick ups by Sentai and ADV. I'm looking forward to Ghost Hound with great excitement. Cool

Mario1234567 wrote:
DAMN!!!!! I hate these Bastards I really do. There ****in up Anime. They add 3 good ones and I can't buy any of them. Especially Clannad. Viz, FUNimation and Nintendo is gonna have all my money this fall.

Yeah... licensing titles people really wanted and bought is ****in up Anime. Right...

I guess you didn't like Clannad as much as you claimed. Dubs are more important than the anime and content that you supposedly watched, illegally. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by SXAniMedia on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Ian K wrote:
I'm a little less happy at being asked to pay 60 bucks for half a season though. Maybe I'll wait for a sale.

You can pre-order it from TRSI for $44.99 right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Draneor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Sarkozy wrote:
zulux211 wrote:

I know what you mean, I personally wont buy ANY subbed only releases as I would rather just import the disks from japan at that point.

Why... would you pay $55-60 for 1-3 episodes?

It's three episodes a DVD for 7600yen. Given the quality I got, I consider the R2s worth the money I paid for them (nice extras, good video quality, etc). But that said, if someone really didn't want to buy ADV's version, you can get the R3 (Tawain) DVDs for much, much cheaper. But I suspect that ADV's version is the closest to what most buyers want, out of the three.

Still, what's important is buying and thereby sending money back to those who made the anime, right? The region of the DVD doesn't really matter.
zulux211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
ADVNation wrote:
Fantastic pick ups by Sentai and ADV. I'm looking forward to Ghost Hound with great excitement. Cool

Mario1234567 wrote:

Yeah... licensing titles people really wanted and bought is ****in up Anime. Right...

I guess you didn't like Clannad as much as you claimed. Dubs are more important than the anime and content that you supposedly watched, illegally. Rolling Eyes

I personally watched the first two eps of clannad in my anime club at college... the show was alright but not interesting enough for me to watch.

There are alot of shows like this for me, shows I wouldn't mind watching but just can't quite get into, those are the shows I watch in the background while surfing the web and what not. Since I am not a fluent speaker of Japanese I NEED and english dub, even a poor one to be able to do this. Thus atleast for me to purchace a show like Clannad I would need an english dub.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Viz has stated that they are going aren't going to dub many niche shows. Even with the DBZ money Funi won't be able to dub everything for long. If you like the show, you should buy it no matter what.

zulux211 wrote:
There are alot of shows like this for me, shows I wouldn't mind watching but just can't quite get into, those are the shows I watch in the background while surfing the web and what not. Since I am not a fluent speaker of Japanese I NEED and english dub, even a poor one to be able to do this. Thus atleast for me to purchace a show like Clannad I would need an english dub.
That is what subtitles are for.

Last edited by Daimao Raki on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I am getting sick and tired of Sentai Filmworks and them not releasing dubs. First Fist of the North Star and now Ghost Hound.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
I am getting sick and tired of Sentai Filmworks and them not releasing dubs. First Fist of the North Star and now Ghost Hound.
So you want them to lose money on a dub?
zulux211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Viz has stated that they are going aren't going to dub many niche shows. Even with the DBZ money Funi won't be able to dub everything for long. If you like the show, you should buy it no matter what.

zulux211 wrote:

read my whole post... I am saying that I am not looking at the screen most of the time... meaning I CANT READ THE SUBBTITLES I can just hear the audio.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, so they're not doing this through ADV, but of their own accord right? I guess they're entering their field as their own separate company??
Either way, Ghost Hound is awesome! One of the better shows of the past few years. Shame about no dub, though.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
zulux211 wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

zulux211 wrote:

read my whole post... I am saying that I am not looking at the screen most of the time... meaning I can't READ THE SUBBTITLES I can just hear the audio.
It took me five minutes to get used to subtitles. Although I am a fast reader though. Point is it isn't as difficult as most of you are claiming to watch subbed anime. 5-10 minutes tops to train your eyes.

Edit: If you aren't watching the show then what the hell are you doing?

Last edited by Daimao Raki on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hannish Lightning

Daimao Raki wrote:
Hannish Lightning wrote:
So you want them to lose money on a dub?

Something like Fist of the North Star and possibly Ghost Hound is a high profile show they wouldn't lose money.
hissatsu01

zulux211 wrote:

read my whole post... I am saying that I am not looking at the screen most of the time... meaning I can't READ THE SUBBTITLES I can just hear the audio.

This has really got to be the most amusing reason for requiring a dub I've heard so far.
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Hmmm, so they're not doing this through ADV, but of their own accord right? I guess they're entering their field as their own separate company??
Either way, Ghost Hound is awesome! One of the better shows of the past few years. Shame about no dub, though.

ADV will likely be handling the distribution and production just like it has with the previous Sentai Filmworks releases (Clannad, Princess Resurrection, etc).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14