• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No Soapboxing.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote
These forums are intended to be a place to have intelligent and enjoyable conversations.

They are not intended to be a medium for individuals to repeatedly and single-mindedly campaign some cause or grievance.

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, they are entitled to express their opinions and every opinion is welcome. However you are expected to express and defend your opinion intelligently, and as a matter of courtesy you are expected to read and consider the opinions of those who disagree with you. If you aren't open to considering, or at least understanding different opinions, please keep yours to yourself.

Repeating the same opinion over and over again every single time you get the opportunity will not be tolerated here. You will be (temp/perm)banned if you do this. This is your only warning, you won't get a personalized warning.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
user wrote:
To simply put, as long as I'm being responsible and respectful with others' and my own opinions, I can share whatever I want to say and do for myself as an independent individual? Is that what you're trying to say with this post?

There were two aspects to that post. You have one covered above, the second one is in regards to people who frequently derail topics to espouse their pet cause.

For example if someone hates a particular licensee, we won't tolerate them repeating the same complaints about that licensee in every single thread that discusses that licensee's products.

Similarly, if a person has an issue with a particular anime, and continues to bring the issue up time and again, long after the other people in the forum/thread have moved on to discuss other aspects of the anime...

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1